When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best 2018 Hulk Edition?

kgvertu

Anyone claim to have the best just now?

I love my sub and have been lucky enough to have worn a genuine hulk for a period of time and it made me genuinely lust after one.

If I do take the plunge I want to try and buy the best. My current sub is fantastic.

One thing I did notice on a lot is the bezel engraving/colours can look dirty/dark on some reps. Possibly a newer hulk rep has ironed out a few more kinks?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with @Mike on a bike they never get the green correct. Is it by design so we keep buying the same watch? or has Rolex done such a good job at making the color impossible to replicate? I have a V6s with V7 insert and it's not bad but doesn't have that gen sheen to it. None of the current inserts do.

I would think it's the paint but also the process of application that it is most likely not cost effective to replicate exactly. Keep in mind there good enough for most people and 90% of the public would not notice that slight something off in the green that drives us crazy. So if you are the rep factory it's good enough from a cost ratio perspective and of course as you say Indy if they nail it no need for anyone to get the latest V whatever !

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Do you guys not every hangout at RWI? The ARF hulk is above and beyond the Noob by a ways, can't believe no one's even mentioned it here. I currently own both. No wonder I can't even get answers in the mod section to my questions on doing the crystal in my ARF lol.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/6714456-arf-116610-904l-2824

All insert for Hulk is wrong.  Best insert color I had came from a v7..color was light and in times look closest to gen in the sun..in dark all of them look gen...can't tell....next to a gen..miles apart.  True, there are no reps to even get close to gen.  It has this emerald colored green to it..  Here is my Noob V9 with gen bezel/insert installed...look at the green.

IMG_37665ee63b0e8242a9d9.md.jpg
IMG_376188767ac0542329be.md.jpg
IMG_3763fbcba8aa040bbafe.md.jpg
IMG_3762-25f28aa3b13cd1692.md.jpg
IMG_3757191a71d9d2ad2de6.md.jpg
IMG_3759fa318a1d9c46a703.md.jpg
IMG_37506c5bad8026de9b2e.md.jpg
IMG_375850acbd30b45959de.md.jpg
IMG_3760-23963336b7e8644f6.md.jpg

Edited by vvvlllooo

Noob v9, with ARF insert on...totally dark and wrong..vs my v6s/v7 Noob insert.  Although ARF insert is better than most right now from factory..with exception of VRF...still wrong.

IMG_0677815a8199696a9412.jpg

My gen at night..with ceiling light..

0F2EBC1C-A9C2-4436-AAFE-8BF2D9C9C65A3114

same in day and with no light...look how bright it is...no filters...no saturation just straight take a picture and load it...none of my pictures have been photoshopped

08935397-9492-408A-A9E4-41E2B3CB772Cadcc

Edited by vvvlllooo
  • Like 2