When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Shipping issues from China, getting tougher!

Mike on a bike

Guys been talking to a dealer or two and w/ the recent trade problems between USA and China things are tightening up. Now EU was always tough UK not so much but us here in the states had it pretty easy , well those days are over at least for now.

PS I am going to leave any politics out of this and so should you , we just have to deal W/ it like our brothers in the EU have for many many years.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest messinapete
Mine shipped with DHL through Hong Kong and had no problems to Australia. Apart from Puretime putting a slightly wrong address on it!
Waiting on another via EMS which hasn't updated the tracking for six days after apparently leaving China.

Mine was China post, it took 6 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest messinapete
On 8/25/2018 at 2:05 AM, Makkaroonie said:

Lucky you.
Mine has still not updated.
And now a Breitling I bought from PureTime which arrived on Thursday has stopped so I will have to send it back.
I'm not having much luck with these so far.

Oh Dear! I’m only a newbie, but I’m really sorry to hear your Breitling has stopped.

Very annoying,  l was going to buy from Puretime but not now, I know of a private individual well versed in watches, I’ve purchased from him with no problems whatsoever.

I thought the Sellers on this site were ‘Vetted’ by senior members! 

Whatever the case, I would have thought ‘Puretime’ and other sellers tested and examined the watches they sell prior to passing it onto the buyer, although this maybe an isolated case It’s not good.

Personally, I’d ask for my money back as if it has already malfunctioned To me it’s an indication that there is a possibility of something else going wrong.

if I may ask which Breitling is it? 

Did the seller tell you from where he bought it? 

I’m sure ALL will work out for you, But still not nice. When I spend £600 ++ I expect NO problems however minor, Isn’t that the reason we buy from ‘TD’s’ ?

PureTime is a trusted dealer and gets good feedback which is why I bought from them.
It's the Breitling Avenger Blackbird from GF V3.
Really nice replica.
They have a policy of repair or replace but will not refund.
I anyway don't want a refund.
I am sending it back and they are being helpful with the process, though I do have to pay for the postage back to them.
They do test the function of the watch but I guess some duff ones slip through. It could even be that it got a bash in transit though it was very well packed.
It never sounded good with the auto winder so hopefully the repair/replacement will be fine.
I think them being a trusted dealer is because in the end they will take care of me.
I certainly hope so.

5 hours ago, messinapete said:

Oh Dear! I’m only a newbie, but I’m really sorry to hear your Breitling has stopped.

Very annoying,  l was going to buy from Puretime but not now, I know of a private individual well versed in watches, I’ve purchased from him with no problems whatsoever.

Whatever the case, I would have thought ‘Puretime’ and other sellers tested and examined the watches they sell prior to passing it onto the buyer, although this maybe an isolated case It’s not good.

Personally, I’d ask for my money back as if it has already malfunctioned To me it’s an indication that there is a possibility of something else going wrong.

I’m sure ALL will work out for you, But still not nice. When I spend £600 ++ I expect NO problems however minor, Isn’t that the reason we buy from ‘TD’s’ ?

You have a lot to learn my friend , vetted means you get a watch as described and if seized they will send another. Movements made in a Chinese factory w/ questionable QC do not travel well and dealers will usually fix or replace most guys just send to their watch smith here for a service if movement gets screwed up in shipping. (yes they pay for it themselves do not think about sending dealer a bill) There are no money back guarantees they are not Amazon or Macy"s , you are buying illegal goes from a guy who if he gets caught most likely gets thrown in jail forever or shot , keep some perspective in regard to your expectations.

Guest messinapete
12 hours ago, Mike on a bike said:

You have a lot to learn my friend , vetted means you get a watch as described and if seized they will send another. Movements made in a Chinese factory w/ questionable QC do not travel well and dealers will usually fix or replace most guys just send to their watch smith here for a service if movement gets screwed up in shipping. (yes they pay for it themselves do not think about sending dealer a bill) There are no money back guarantees they are not Amazon or Macy"s , you are buying illegal goes from a guy who if he gets caught most likely gets thrown in jail forever or shot , keep some perspective in regard to your expectations.

Hmmmm!

Buddy if you want to expect 0 problems your best bet is to buy a genuine and probably stick another 0 on the £600++

Maybe then you may get 0 problems however genuine watches do get problems also so I think your expectations are a little high for a rep.

Good luck anyway

Sent from me

Okay, a few suggestions for the odd occasions when things do go wrong. 

Check that you have bought from a TD here - there are plenty of fake TD websites out there. ie ones with the same name, but not the same web address. These scam sites will most likely rob you of your money. 

If if things go wrong, work with the TD: they are trusted for that reason. If you’re getting nowhere then contact a moderator here who’ll try to assist. Remember, the moderators here are unpaid and do this as a hobby so will not be available 24/7. 

Consider having the watch fixed locally to you - it maybe quicker and cheaper in the long run rather than sending it back to China. 

Lastly, temper your expectations! These are replica aka fake watches, often assembled in less than ideal conditions. If you’ve received a watch that looks 99% like the gen at 10% of the cost you’re doing better than most people who buy ‘fake’ watches - usually on a beach somewhere in the world whilst on vacation!

I've sent mine back as a repair locally would cost me $250 and the postage back cost $30.
I'm hoping that a repair will have the watch in good shape as I don't really hear that the Chinese movements are so bad any more.
But thanks for the offer of mediation. PureTime are communicating well and being helpful and have apologised for the inconvenience.