When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First AP Diver

jsmith11

On 8/7/2018 at 2:38 AM, Champsy said:

Congrats buddy love the strap to.

So would u bekeive the strapped ripped and  is ruined? It has been hot here say 90 other high humidity. I was at my pool. Put it on and the strap legit just tore at the rod. So disappointed

7 hours ago, jsmith11 said:

So would u bekeive the strapped ripped and  is ruined? It has been hot here say 90 other high humidity. I was at my pool. Put it on and the strap legit just tore at the rod. So disappointed

I feel for you I have had a couple of straps melt away on holiday in the suN.

Where did you get that rubber strap please?

If you do take your watches to swim or wear it robustly, during summer especially, invest in a good rubber strap. Yes there are many aftermarket ones which look good, but not every brand will be able to withstand the climate/water. I will recommend you try the SCUTA series offered by AP Bands (other than gen rubber, which surprising is prone to rips and tears too). They work well for all weather conditions, including sunny and very humid Singapore. ;) 

Product link (and I hope yours is not already this!)

http://www.apbands.com/CTGY/SCUTA.html

11 hours ago, Legend said:

Where did you get that rubber strap please?

If you do take your watches to swim or wear it robustly, during summer especially, invest in a good rubber strap. Yes there are many aftermarket ones which look good, but not every brand will be able to withstand the climate/water. I will recommend you try the SCUTA series offered by AP Bands (other than gen rubber, which surprising is prone to rips and tears too). They work well for all weather conditions, including sunny and very humid Singapore. ;) 

Product link (and I hope yours is not already this!)

http://www.apbands.com/CTGY/SCUTA.html

The strap came from aflop. I paid an extra $25 for the orange strap. Wore it twice. Again it has been real hot here. Never anticipated it to be so soft and rip! Have a look. @champsy

Vkspe.png

Edited by jsmith11

Oh that’s painful but it could of been worse at least the watch itself is fine and didn’t drop to the floor and break or lose it swimming. Like you say the heat and humidity has been bad and could of done that to a gen one tbh.

I switched out to the bracelet in this heat, learnt my lesson lol
c2bf53142c46af68f8637ce6a1c7e88e.jpg

Sent from me

2 minutes ago, Champsy said:

Oh that’s painful but it could of been worse at least the watch itself is fine and didn’t drop to the floor and break or lose it swimming. Like you say the heat and humidity has been bad and could of done that to a gen one tbh.

I switched out to the bracelet in this heat, learnt my lesson lol
c2bf53142c46af68f8637ce6a1c7e88e.jpg

Sent from me

Mmmm thats nice! I have a Royal Oak 15400 rep wonder if the bracelet fits the AP ROO. But I really am upset as I loved the orange strap :( Ill have to buy another one.

13 minutes ago, jsmith11 said:

Mmmm thats nice! I have a Royal Oak 15400 rep wonder if the bracelet fits the AP ROO. But I really am upset as I loved the orange strap :( Ill have to buy another one.

No I don't think it does.  Take @Legend advice or get a gen one.  Makes all the difference on the wrist as well.