When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noobies! PLEASE DON'T CONTACT PAYPAL!!

mymanmatt

Noobs, please refrain from involving paypal  in ANY parts of you transactions. Before you put the sellers and possibly your acct in jeopardy, contact the admins about Any problem. If you do, and it's unjustified you will probably be banned. If you make a purchase of any kind and you suffer buyers remorse or any other issue, go to help on the forum you made the deal on.  DO NOT USE PAYPAL TO SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM!!!!  PLEASE !!!!!

Yes. A guy from overseas somewhere, a member at RWI, asked aug 5th would I build a pres, and paid,  Saturday the 11'th he filed an "item not received" dispute with pp. PP and I are pretty sure it was buyers remorse. Sat night he added more about why he wanted to stop the transaction. It was getting dangerous at PP, so I refunded him and blocked him. His second post on PP was a complaint that I would not give him the source of my gen parts supplier. 

Yes. He said he was new to the rep world, then said he had bought several watches from lucy over the years. Then said he had been on rwi for a long time. Then said he would not open a claim with pp. One hour and 45 minutes later he did. I was almost finished with his watch, and he insisted I stop and refund him. He said because 2 guys on rwi said  stonep and I could not be trusted. Then he said I had been banned from rwi . That is true, around 6 or 7 years ago. They had a good reason to ban me, I told them " they could kiss my ass" Bam, lifetime ban. LOL

Guest messinapete
Noobs, please refrain from involving paypal  in ANY parts of you transactions. Before you put the sellers and possibly your acct in jeopardy, contact the admins about Any problem. If you do, and it's unjustified you will probably be banned. If you make a purchase of any kind and you suffer buyers remorse or any other issue, go to help on the forum you made the deal on.  DO NOT USE PAYPAL TO SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM!!!!  PLEASE !!!!!

Why would it put one’s account in jeopardy? Surely it’s a fall back IF something goes amiss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, messinapete said:

Why would it put one’s account in jeopardy? Surely it’s a fall back IF something goes amiss.

PayPal does not allow folks to carry out financial transactions relating to replica watches. A report can lead to frozen funds or worse. Forums like RWG and RWI exist, in part, to function as a mediation ground between buyer and seller in the event of a dispute so that PayPal doesn't have to get involved and no one loses money unreasonably. Going straight to PP with complaints is very noobish and can get lots of folks in hot water

If talking between buyer and seller isn’t getting anywhere, the first point is to contact forum mods, who across the fora, work hard to resolve any genuine issues. It may be that someone is instructed by a Mod to file a paypal dispute, it doesn’t happen often though. 

Those that file a paypal dispute without taking these steps fall into three main groups. Those who are new and haven’t taken time to find out how things work, those with buyer’s remorse and no other justifiable reason to want to return items and those who are outright scammers.

Generally it doesn’t end well. Increasingly Paypal is not just refunding the buyer. If replica goods are involved, they are likely to want confirmation that the items have been returned in the same condition as sold. Then they are increasingly closing the accounts of both parties, remember the other party can easily prove you knew you were involved in a transaction involving replica goods.

Attracting this kind of attention is not a good idea for a hobby like ours. Word will get out and on many fora the instigator of a Paypal dispute that has not been approved by Mods will face an instant ban. They certainly will find people reluctant to deal with them in future. We very much operate as a community and anyone having so little faith in the community probably should not be here.

Guest messinapete
If talking between buyer and seller isn’t getting anywhere, the first point is to contact forum mods, who across the fora, work hard to resolve any genuine issues. It may be that someone is instructed by a Mod to file a paypal dispute, it doesn’t happen often though. 
Those that file a paypal dispute without taking these steps fall into three main groups. Those who are new and haven’t taken time to find out how things work, those with buyer’s remorse and no other justifiable reason to want to return items and those who are outright scammers.

Generally it doesn’t end well. Increasingly Paypal is not just refunding the buyer. If replica goods are involved, they are likely to want confirmation that the items have been returned in the same condition as sold. Then they are increasingly closing the accounts of both parties, remember the other party can easily prove you knew you were involved in a transaction involving replica goods.
Attracting this kind of attention is not a good idea for a hobby like ours. Word will get out and on many fora the instigator of a Paypal dispute that has not been approved by Mods will face an instant ban. They certainly will find people reluctant to deal with them in future. We very much operate as a community and anyone having so little faith in the community probably should not be here.

However it does make me think ‘Why disputes’?
Surely both parties know in advance what is expected of them.

The implication is that there could be some dodgy buyers/sellers/Etc.

Makes me wonder IF I’m on a trustworthy site.
I’ve just posted Where to get my Rolex Waterproofed and if possible graded, How can I be sure what I want done to my watches will in fact be carried out in a work manlike fashion?

If this sounds offensive or some people take umbrage, Apologies but you’re reading it the wrong way.

Messinapete, you are new to this forum, I can see. I don't know if you're new to the rep world or not. Let's assume you are new to the rep world. Most people and dealers that do business on this and other forums are blessed by the admin. That's not to say problems don't arise. If you do anything long enough, you may have an occasional problem. The proper response to any problem is to contact the admin. They are equal and fair to both sides. If it's buyers remorse, they will probably suggest to the seller to refund the money. The reason will be, it's not worth it. However, they may recommend the seller deliver the piece and at least give the buyer a chance to see it in person. Then the deal can be discussed. Usually if the buyer is not happy, they will ask for it to be returned and the deal cancelled. That is just an example, the admin work with both the buyer and the seller. Over the years I have seen the admin banish many dealers and repair men. They actively monitor the forum and are always watching for anyone not doing as they should. If you paid with paypal, you should never file a claim without contacting the admin first. They realize it's only a good deal if both parties are happy.

2 hours ago, messinapete said:

However it does make me think ‘Why disputes’?
Surely both parties know in advance what is expected of them.

The implication is that there could be some dodgy buyers/sellers/Etc.

Makes me wonder IF I’m on a trustworthy site.
I’ve just posted Where to get my Rolex Waterproofed and if possible graded, How can I be sure what I want done to my watches will in fact be carried out in a work manlike fashion?

If this sounds offensive or some people take umbrage, Apologies but you’re reading it the wrong way.

If you really feel that way, you are welcome to leave.

If you just have understandable caution, then please do as we always recommend new guys do, stick around, read plenty in the general forum and in any brands you are interested in. You are welcome to interact in current threads. When buying anything, it is advisable to buy the seller first and by getting to know us and the community you will soon get a feeling for whom you are dealing with. 

This is not meant as an attack on you, just a mildly humorous simile, you are in the U.K. You have Small Claims Court,  County Court, Crown Court, High Court and Court of Appeals, all of which deal with trade disputes among other things. Are you sure you are in trustworthy country or even planet?😁

Edited by Sogeha

Guest messinapete
If you really feel that way, you are welcome to leave.
If you just have understandable caution, then please do as we always recommend new guys do, stick around, read plenty in the general forum and in any brands you are interested in. You are welcome to interact in current threads. When buying anything, it is advisable to buy the seller first and by getting to know us and the community you will soon get a feeling for whom you are dealing with. 

This is not meant as an attack on you, just a mildly humorous simile, you are in the U.K. You have Small Claims Court,  County Court, Crown Court, High Court and Court of Appeals, all of which deal with trade disputes among other things. Are you sure you are in trustworthy country or even planet?

Oy Veh !!!
Thank you for your input.