When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which kind of matte lacquer spray for watch dial?

RickFlorida

Question

6 answers to this question

On 8/22/2018 at 10:26 PM, guidoalave said:

MMM not advisable  send to a dial ref.shop... it gets messy..

Thanks for the answer/advice.   I just mean to do a light spray to add texture after I darken/yellow the lume.   If I understand correctly, you just spray a little bit from far away to add some texture so it should not be runny/messy.   I don't think any dial refurb. shops specialize in making a perfectly new printed dial look vintage but please correct me if I'm wrong.   Don't we have to modify these ourselves?   What does MMM stand for by the way from your answer please?

Thanks again for your time.

12 hours ago, jackflash said:

Thank you!  That's the one I was looking for that you might have posted in the past but when I searched the forums I could not find it.

So thank you much!  On this dial, I'm going to try to darken the lume with water color markers instead of the tea/coffee halogen method.   That method worked fine on my Tudor dial but want to try something different.

Jackflash, approximately what distance do you like to have this can away from your dial when you do the "texture adding" spray?

Edited by RickFlorida

Jackflash, approximately what distance do you like to have this can away from your dial when you do the "texture adding" spray?

Ca. 30cm. Shake the can well first, a just give the dial a light dusting. You may want to give the dial a couple of coats depending on the texture you’re after. Let the dial dry between coats though.