When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So close to a new job

tyrantblade

Well, last year I was trying to get a better job, and finally this year they told me they have a job for me; so I had to go through several steps (a test on a computer, then a Physical and Drug Test) and I'm finally on the final step (background check), then I can put in my 2 weeks and go from a dead end job to a very good job.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just started the new job today after orientation (all kinds of information, paperwork, etc) and I have to say I am loving it so far, there may be some dread later down the line when I get exhausted and have to tough it out and work a lot of overtime; but it will be worth it all.

Its basically like going from an almost nightmare job to a kind of dream job, pays good, easy to do, will be a stable job as long as I give it my all, and I'm serious about it (and I was more serious about my last job than I should of been, but that is just how my work ethic is).

There are people at my last job that are almost betting on me failing, but I will prove them wrong, go the distance, and make a lot more money than they probably ever will because they like being at a dead end factory job where you may only get 1 raise in 3 years and the factory is losing a lot of workers and failing to replace them at the same rate.

Be strong. Be creative. Don't listen to negative voices and push yourself harder than you think is possible. Focus on the goal and don't look back. DO NOT get lackadaisical and think it's easy. It won't be for at least 2 years. Until then give it everything you got and make them UNABLE to let you go. You can do this.