When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6152/1

Lo'

Hi all,

This has emerged from a drawer the other day. It's been sitting in there for so long that I had forgotten about its existence.

I had bought it for peanuts years ago but since it reached me with a broken stem and the minutes hand floating around the dial to the bin it went.

Long story short, now I'm entertaining the thought of having it repaired but I'm not sure whether the piece is worth it. It looks quite good to my untrained eye but I would appreciate your contribution: According to you is this a viable replica worth shelling the extra buck to bring it back to life or should I just lay down and avoid?

Thanks in advance!

IMG_2255.JPG

IMG_2257.JPG

IMG_2258.JPG

IMG_2259.JPG

IMG_2260.JPG

IMG_2261.JPG

IMG_2262.JPG

Looks like it has a getat case, dial is not special or interesting but movement has dellone rolex bridges, molnija movt, engraved caseback, I’d say have it transformed into something special, it’s worth it!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Natas78 said:

Looks like it has a getat case, dial is not special or interesting but movement has dellone rolex bridges, molnija movt, engraved caseback, I’d say have it transformed into something special, it’s worth it!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the uber-fast reply Natas! 

Would you care to elaborate on the mods necessary to, as you say, transform this piece into something special?

Thanks a lot Natas. Will most definitely follow your advice regarding the repairs. For what is about a new dial and hands i would not know where and what to look for since I have zero knowledge on the vintage-Pam subject. 

That’s a beaut! With a lot of potential ! I wish I could find stuff like that in my drawer lol 

Glad I apparently have a “raw gem” in my hands I did not know about. Fact is that I bought this on a whim given the very low asking price, and not being a big watches fan has prevented me from further researching once I realized that it was broken out of the box and would need repairs and whatnot.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

I think it actually looks like the old Silix case hats 47mm in diameter without crown with the dual display and solid caseback.

It’s not a bad start but would be a lot of work to get it in top vintage shape.

Mine started out that way:

Right

a9ab622b825363c2b2c946f8eb09e403.jpg

Bottom left

e42095be255db79b74150f1ed67ee250.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, civic4982 said:

It’s not a bad start but would be a lot of work to get it in top vintage shape.

Thanks for chiming in Civic. Since this build needs repairs I think I'll get in touch with Natas to gauge his eagerness to take this project on. 

Given what he has been able to achieve I am convinced he'd be able to make it fly. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, hologramet said:

If you need some help... Kp0y on HomageForum is really good, cheap and will sort out finding/modding correct parts to finish it up.

Highly recommended!

Thanks a lot for the pointer Holo. As I wrote above I have zero experience and knowledge on the subject of vintage Pams as such I don't even know what kind of work the build currently in my hands would need. I for sure would like to be able to turn this into the watch I'd use while diving in Spring and Summer therefore, It'd have to be waterproofed to at least 100 meters. Is that at all possible with a rep case such as mine, considering that the bezel will pop right off by just sliding the edge of a knife under it? I have been looking at some pictures of gen 6152 to try and get a general idea of the similarity of my rep to these. I am more or less satisfied altough the lugs look like they'd need some reshaping. Another thing that irks me is that the dial looks a tad too recessed inside the case. Is the gen like that? I have not managed to understand that from the pictures of gens I have been able to find around.