When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Daytona Cosmograph 11650

Guest messinapete

Guest messinapete

Hi all,

I picked up what I and others think is a AAA Rolex Daytona Cosmograph.

Well I kept time with another Exact same watch from ‘Dtime $588.Noob Most expensive 2-3months ago.

The AAA stopped yesterday morning (both in a winder) I corrected the time then the both started loosing or gaining time today.

I am in need of a Rolex Repair Man, Best in his field, To See If an upgraded winder could be put in or at least have a look at it and advise me on the AAA.

I’ll wait a few day to see what happens to the ‘Dtime’ Rolex, I’ve written to them expressing my annoyance.

Any recommendations would be most appreciated, Maybe you have used a repairman.

Thanks very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firstly

Please refrain from referring to watches as AAA or AA or such grades. These are meaningless and given by the factories who produce them, not any recognized independent grading bodies.

It is far more useful to refer to the watches by the factory, version and movement type so that known issues with the model type can be identified and advised. If it’s an A7750 sec@6, chances are the movement is dry and has a lot of friction at the transfer gears, causing it to stop intermittently.
Without examining the movement, no diagnosis is possible.

• Like 1

Firstly

Please refrain from referring to watches as AAA or AA or such grades. These are meaningless and given by the factories who produce them, not any recognized independent grading bodies.

It is far more useful to refer to the watches by the factory, version and movement type so that known issues with the model type can be identified and advised. If it’s an A7750 sec@6, chances are the movement is dry and has a lot of friction at the transfer gears, causing it to stop intermittently.

Well explained!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Guest messinapete
Firstly

Apologies, Still feeling my way about.,
Suggestions on anyone who could look at it?
Thanks

Apologies, Still feeling my way about.,
Suggestions on anyone who could look at it?
Thanks

No need to apologies, we all learn and we try!
If you really want to keep the watch, it is best to get it serviced. Are you able to at least send a link of the watch you purchased?

Guest messinapete
On 9/2/2018 at 8:51 AM, Legend said:

No need to apologies, we all learn and we try!
If you really want to keep the watch, it is best to get it serviced. Are you able to at least send a link of the watch you purchased?

It was from ‘Dtime’ April $688
9fa6ad28f9cf0c5aa06c50460853c64a.png
I

14 hours ago, messinapete said:

It was from ‘Dtime’ April $688
e28e6e75e21799fa2d232df401d6e334.png&key=2922bd4c37c1938088de55fd0fe26267a427675b42ce9e15f88ebec6048b3bd19fa6ad28f9cf0c5aa06c50460853c64a.png&key=d3f785126b1322b079060de3d3ab3ac3f638669f87fc60c23e18e56bfb6ae04f

I

It was a ‘Dtime’ purchase, I paid PP, as it was the quickest at the time.

Guest messinapete
I would not show those details in here 

Oh!!

Oh!!

Can the pics be removed?

@messinapete, I think that being a newbie is fine, but you come across as ungrateful as well as ignorant. 

You are the reason why newbies are generally ill-regarded and tolerated badly. 

You sent me a PM which I read and replied, and then I saw that you were off seeking help elsewhere after that, with not even a thank you.

It's fine, just a few minutes of my time wasted on a character like you. Do not expect any help from me again, and you are definitely on my ignore list after this message.

It is disheartening to see a new guy with such poor manners. Knowledge can be gained over time, but I guess you will never understand how to be polite.

Good luck in this hobby, you will just be another faceless ingrate to me from now.

Guest messinapete
[mention=83111]messinapete[/mention], I think that being a newbie is fine, but you come across as ungrateful as well as ignorant. 
You are the reason why newbies are generally ill-regarded and tolerated badly. 
You sent me a PM which I read and replied, and then I saw that you were off seeking help elsewhere after that, with not even a thank you.

It's fine, just a few minutes of my time wasted on a character like you. Do not expect any help from me again, and you are definitely on my ignore list after this message.
It is disheartening to see a new guy with such poor manners. Knowledge can be gained over time, but I guess you will never understand how to be polite.
Good luck in this hobby, you will just be another faceless ingrate to me from now.

You will see my reply elsewhere,
This just one group, You are an upstart, and Rude, Unbecoming of a member.

14 minutes ago, messinapete said:

You will see my reply elsewhere,
This just one group, You are an upstart, and Rude, Unbecoming of a member.

upstart: not really. I have been here since 2011. Hardly an upstart.

Rude: Yes, but no need to be polite to someone who is ignorant and clueless about manners.

Unbecoming: True, where you are concerned.

Member: yes. Actually I am and you are not at least for now. Take a week's timeout and return after you have learnt some manners. ;)

btw, I have taken the trouble to remove your personal details, which you had stupidly posted for everyone to see. 

I really have no idea which is a worse issue for you.. your rudeness or your stupidity. 

But either way, take a brief time out and you will be back again in a week. And hopefully, be a more polite person then.

The guys who dealt with me, mostly remember me as a reasonable guy, and I am willing to help most guys who approach me right. 

I just want to be treated like how you will like to be treated in communication. But getting a response and not having the time to say even a thank you, but having the time to scuttle like a headless chicken asking for help for the same issue all over the place, means you were not too busy as you claimed to be. 

I started out being nice to you, and have warned you that you will take a time out from here if you continue being rude to me. Well, your foolishness and ego got the better of you and you persisted. So out you go. I will not take abuse from some ignorant newbie with no manners, knowledge or clue about watches. 

Seriously, one last thing: If you are here to learn, then learn. If you are here to make enemies, at least have the brains to pick on someone who will actually bother to take your BS. I am not that guy.

• Like 1