When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Missing parcel/No proof of postage - previous experiences please.

Champsy

Ok guys I am going to share an ongoing trade I have and would appreciate some advice and some insight from those that have had similar experiences.

On the 23/07/2018 I was PM’d by another member on RWI, he is also a member in here, although says he doesn’t have an account here and I won’t be mentioning any names, just yet. Anyway the member wishes to do a trade with an AP ROO Elephant fully modded and basically new that I had up for sale or trade on here and RWI. He offered up 2 Pateks, 1 aquanaut and 1 nautilus as well as another AP all standard reps. I agreed and we swapped

Mobile numbers to conclude the deal over WhatsApp where we swapped addresses and I asked him to comment on the thread he see the watch for sale in so there was a record of the trade.

Over the next few days we continued to chat about watches, wants etc whilst awaiting each other’s parcels.

26/07/2018 in the morning I checked the tracking of the parcel I had sent to him to see how it was doing and it was out for delivery that day so I messaged him to make sure he knew. I had given him a screenshot of the full tracking details on the 24th and box as well as attached his number to the parcel so he would receive a text message on the day of delivery, however I still felt it courteous to let him know.

Later that day in the 26th trader messages me to say he had received the parcel was extremely happy and he sent me a screen shot (pic attached) of some postage details with my postcode on, no tracking number just the trader stating his parcel should be with me Monday or Tuesday the next week.

Again we continued to exchange messages over the coming days and on the 30/07/2018 I enquiries as to how the parcel was doing as I didn’t have the tracking code to check myself. Trader replied he wasn’t currently at home and he would update me later on. Late that night I hadn’t heard from him so messaged again and received the same screenshot as above and trader stating it should be with me that week. I then asked for the tracking number myself to which he immediately sent one.

I then checked Royal Mail tracking, no trace, so I try postNL, no trace so I then tried a few different multi tracking sites all no trace. Immediately messaged trader who sent a screenshot back saying in transit (pic attached) however again there was no tracking code attached to this neither was my address and he stated that if it wasn’t with me by Friday that week he would call them.

31/07/2018. Check the tracking code again still no trace and by now I am feeling this isn’t quite right so messaged trader again and he said he would call them that day. Evening time comes and still not heard from the trader so messaged him again and he sends me a picture of a smashed up car stating he had been in a car accident and will call them tomorrow now.

01/08/2018 I messaged trader as I hadn’t heard back from him and apparently he had literally just got off the phone to them and they was going to call him back later.

02/08/2018 trader messaged me that postNL had called him and the parcel would leave the NL in 2 days and should be with me next week it only needs to go through customs then it will leave the NL.

03/08/2018 trader messaged me again to say that he received another call from postNL the parcel has been recalled by customs and is under investigation, asking me why to do. To which my reply was I have no clue I have never heard of this happening like this.

04/08/2018 trader says he spoke to his friend who advised him that is best to ignore all contact from postNL and 4/5 times they just send the parcel.

14/08/2018 I asked the trader for a copy of the receipt with the tracking number displayed to which he replied he no longer had it. Apparently he left it in the car he apparently smashed up and no longer had access to it.

From here I spoke with a couple of moderators who have since helped het a postNL investigation underway that was supposed to be finished yesterday but the trader said they need more time they haven’t finished yet.

I personally called postNL where the employee told me they have no trace of the tracking number and that once in the system it cannot be removed by anyone so in his opinion it was never in the system despite the trader sending me screenshots with my postcode but no tracking code attached.

I would appreciate anyone’s thoughts and especially similar experiences.

Many thanks in advance

Champsy

Pics removed temp as they displayed personal info of the trader.

Sent from me

Ok guys so looks like it did turn out to be a scam and the watches were never posted.

Trader was@jasonvdwaars98 also known as jvdw98 on repgeek and other Dutch forums.

He has been brigged on RWI and his full personal details will be posted here soon for everyone.

We live and learn. In a way I am glad it was me and not someone who would just have to suck it up.

Sent from me

12 minutes ago, capice said:

So a dutchy....let me know if a dutch team can pey him a visit...after trying all other methods first ofcourse....:)

Please don’t make suggestions like this on an open forum where everyone can read it. 

2 hours ago, kernow said:

Please don’t make suggestions like this on an open forum where everyone can read it. 

you are right, it was not meant as a threat, but honestly I was only meaning to contact him and ask to return the money, no bad intend...let me know if I can help in any way.

In read on rwi that he wanted to solve the matter, the watches were send registered and insured? Then what is the problem, just refund with paypal to the buyers and have postnl start an investigation to find the orders or get your money back from postnl insurance?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Champsy said:

We will see but@jasonvdwaars98 has agreed to drop the watch to@martijn as long as that is ok with him.

Hopefully that will be the end of it.

Sent from me

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 1

Ok watch is finally back in safe hands, still to be forwarded on to me but have no issues about that seeing as whom it is with.

Have to say thanks to all the guys that badgered the life out of Jason on the thread on rwi, you all know who you are.

Obviously a special thanks to the admin team for getting involved and helping me out, as you see my patience only lasts so long so without you I would of written it off.

• Like 1

Glad the outcome is more positive than was first expected to be. Whilst not perfect at least we can put this to bed once Martijn has gotten it back to you. Well done to everyone who assisted, a real team effort. 

• Like 1

Ok watch is finally back in safe hands, still to be forwarded on to me but have no issues about that seeing as whom it is with.

Have to say thanks to all the guys that badgered the life out of Jason on the thread on rwi, you all know who you are.

Obviously a special thanks to the admin team for getting involved and helping me out, as you see my patience only lasts so long so without you I would of written it off.

So no special mentions bro? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1