When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA 2821-2???

candide2424

Helloy guys,

I bought off ebay a watch (rather cheap) with a very nice no date ETA 2821-2. I had never heard of this movement before. In my opinion it might be a nice replacement for a 2846 as there is no modifications to make in order to remove the date. However I have fnot found much info regarding its measurements (stem height). Thus, it might not be a direct swap:

Do you have any info?

Thanks 

The 2821 is an older movement and some vintage Rado watches had them going by what I have seen for sale.  I have never owned a 2821 but my guess is they are basically the same as an Eta 2824.  I looked around on the 'net and could not find 2821 measurements.

Most are 17 jewel but a higher jewel count autowind assembly will probably fit.

"In my opinion it might be a nice replacement for a 2846."

A 2846 (day and date) is a little bit thicker than a 2824 (date only) and the stem will not be centered in the case tube when used in a case made for a 2824.  I ran into this on my JMB '1016' project. 

So...a 2821 (assuming it is the same size as a 2824) may not mount correctly in a case made for a 2846.

I always go to Ranfft to check out movements, but the 2821 isn't listed there! You'd have to assume it 11.5 "' and based on the 2801 or the 2824. I found a 2819

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&ETA_2819

but it beats at 36000. If the 2821 is an automatic, no date, I'd figure it's thinner than the 2824, but probably not by much.