When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Clone 3135 movement

Guest Axelgs1

Question

Hi everyone 

I'm very new to this so please forgive me for errors. I have a submariner date and would like some info help on identifying the movement in it. Any help would be greatly appreciate. I would like to replace with a 3135 movement👍

20180914_193421.jpg

20180914_193634.jpg

20180914_193617.jpg

Edited by Axelgs1
More information

OK ?..but I'm trying to get this movement indentified first. I purchased this rep in Turkey 2 yrs ago. After extensive research and advice Im told it's a very high end rep but for my knowledge I would like help to indentify the movement first. If it's a good movement  clone or otherwise I will keep it as is👍

Some of the other guys will be along shortly to identify your movement. I am not a watch smith and I don’t want to make an ass of myself (again). I do know the plastic movement spacer isn’t something seen on high end reps and also your case has no machining to allow fitment of Rolex style movement clamps and screws. This and possible problems with stem height and having to change the hands and dial make me believe that it would be less painful and more economical to buy a new watch 

• Like 1

Thanks but I ment everything on the outside being high end even the etched crown at 6pm.. Its only within the last week I've had the back off an seen the movement. Also as I understand  it the only thing holding the movement  in is the spacer and the winding stem. Disconnect the winding stem take the movement  out. I'm sure the 3135 movement will fit and the stem hight will be correct..

You aren’t really listening to some solid advice here dude... the movement looks like a Guangzhou DG movement of no real quality and as Sogeha said there is little to no chance of getting a 3135 to drop in. Even if you did the dial will not fit without modification, the date window may not align with the date wheel.

Keep it as is and wear it... and buy a complete new high end rep from one of the Trusted Dealers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes as I was saying in the other thread you started, a gen or clone 3135 will likely not be an easy transplant.   Your case does not have the milling on the internals that would support the holding of a 3135 movement and as mentioned above the dial and hands you have would not fit either.

Even some of the truly high end reps cannot have a 3135 placed into them.    We are not trying to be mean but the watch in the photos above is not a high end rep, from dial to SEL's to the movement inside all indicate a run of the mill one and it will almost certainly NOT fit a 3135.  Just the diameter and height differences alone already show the issue you would face.  The 3135 is wider and taller than the DG movement.

If you are set on wanting a watch with a 3135 I would recommend you purchasing one of the new JF factory sub reps with the cone 3135 already inside and then if you want to swap for Gen its will truly be a simple swap and you would get to keep the dial and hands.

To answer what exactly the movement you have it appears to be a Chinese DG2803.  See the photo below for comparison.

dg-2803.jpg

Chinese Automatic Movement DG2803

Ligne size 11.5, height 5.3, hand sizes 1.00/1.52/.17, functions: Day, Date, hour, minute, sweep.

Compare these specs to the 3135

28.50 mm(12½ lignes)

in diameter, 6.00 mm - height

• Like 3

On 9/14/2018 at 3:21 PM, Axelgs1 said:

OK ?..but I'm trying to get this movement indentified first. I purchased this rep in Turkey 2 yrs ago. After extensive research and advice Im told it's a very high end rep but for my knowledge I would like help to indentify the movement first. If it's a good movement  clone or otherwise I will keep it as is👍

Extensive research and advice? Not even remotely a very high-end rep... at all.

You have a lot more extensive research to do my friend, and a lot more advice to take in. Or perhaps recalibrate your expectation of a high-end rep. I consider a high-end Sub rep to be minimum $600 - $1,000 and they do not have $15 movements inside them. All out quality 'franken' Sub rep's are $2500 to $3,200 for my money.

Here is someone selling the base to your watch (case, dial, movement) for $85
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DG2813-Automatic-movement-Submariner-case-colored-wheels-Dial-Hands-316L/263900125499?hash=item3d71ac593b:g:Zk0AAOSwjXVawh19

I don't mean to sound harsh, just hoping to give you some perspective so you don't get ripped off [again.]

Welcome to the community :) Enjoy!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dawagner said:

Yes as I was saying in the other thread you started, a gen or clone 3135 will likely not be an easy transplant.   Your case does not have the milling on the internals that would support the holding of a 3135 movement and as mentioned above the dial and hands you have would not fit either.

Even some of the truly high end reps cannot have a 3135 placed into them.    We are not trying to be mean but the watch in the photos above is not a high end rep, from dial to SEL's to the movement inside all indicate a run of the mill one and it will almost certainly NOT fit a 3135.  Just the diameter and height differences alone already show the issue you would face.  The 3135 is wider and taller than the DG movement.

If you are set on wanting a watch with a 3135 I would recommend you purchasing one of the new JF factory sub reps with the cone 3135 already inside and then if you want to swap for Gen its will truly be a simple swap and you would get to keep the dial and hands.

To answer what exactly the movement you have it appears to be a Chinese DG2803.  See the photo below for comparison.

dg-2803.jpg

Chinese Automatic Movement DG2803

Ligne size 11.5, height 5.3, hand sizes 1.00/1.52/.17, functions: Day, Date, hour, minute, sweep.

Compare these specs to the 3135

28.50 mm(12½ lignes)

in diameter, 6.00 mm - height

thanks for your reply..just what I was hoping to hear.👍

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:07 AM, Axelgs1 said:

thanks for your reply..just what I was hoping to hear.👍

So you asked how to install a 3135 in a case that doesn't fit a 3135?

Based on needing help identifying a movement you know is identical with a 3135 in size, diameter, stem height, total height etc, however you don't know what it is.

Also.. you add some serious attitude.

Try formulating a question worth answering next time, and skip the insults when dealing with members that have been around the block way longer than you.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hologramet said:

So you asked how to install a 3135 in a case that doesn't fit a 3135?

Based on needing help identifying a movement you know is identical with a 3135 in size, diameter, stem height, total height etc, however you don't know what it is.

Also.. you add some serious attitude.

Try formulating a question worth answering next time, and skip the insults when dealing with members that have been around the block way longer than you.

Thanks for your reply.

..my initial question was can someone help indentify the movement....that was the main part of the request. All I got back was sanctimonious disrespect. .and I did not request any information about installing a 3135 movement in a watch...and insults came from both sides..mostly private.

7 hours ago, Axelgs1 said:

Thanks for your reply.

..my initial question was can someone help indentify the movement....that was the main part of the request. All I got back was sanctimonious disrespect. .and I did not request any information about installing a 3135 movement in a watch...and insults came from both sides..mostly private.

I don’t see any insults, I see several knowledgeable individuals taking the time to advise you that fitting a clone movement to that Watch is going to be far from easy and not the best course to take. I strongly suggest you take some time to reflect on your approach before you find yourself with enforced time out to think

9 hours ago, HorFan said:

The movement in your watch is a 2813, if you really want to upgrade your watch you can do so with an Eta clone 2836-2. You will need to replace the dial feet, get new eta hands and a movement ring. The date window on your dial is in the eta position.

thanks for your help and guidence HorFan. its indeed pleasing to get genuine help and the advice I needed.👍

8 hours ago, Sogeha said:

I don’t see any insults, I see several knowledgeable individuals taking the time to advise you that fitting a clone movement to that Watch is going to be far from easy and not the best course to take. I strongly suggest you take some time to reflect on your approach before you find yourself with enforced time out to think

The insults were in private messages. I suggest you read the advice given to me by HorFan and my reply. This member took the time to read my question and give me a plain answer.

I did not seek any advice about fitting movements.

Enforced Time out what do you mean?

Thanks for your reply.
And I quote... "I would like to replace with a 3135 movement"

This is all

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MRWOZZA70 said:

And I quote... "I would like to replace with a 3135 movementemoji106.png"

This is all emoji85.pngemoji897.png

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 9/14/2018 at 7:50 PM, Axelgs1 said:

I have a submariner date and would like some info help on identifying the movement in it. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

You'd be a good newspaper editor 😅🙊

And I quote...👍

1 hour ago, Axelgs1 said:

I suggest you keep your threatening tone to yourself. And if I need to take it up with the moderators that will be my decision.

Did you get dropped as a child or are you just illiterate?

I suggest YOU treat a RWG Crew member/ MODERATOR with respect.

Try replica-watch.info or repgeek.com. They love snarky-ass-comments like yours over there. However.. they usually make your account suddenly not work when dealing with fine and intelligent beings like yourself over there.

3 minutes ago, Axelgs1 said:

You'd be a good newspaper editor 😅🙊

And I quote...👍

P.S.

And I quote:

Edited Friday at 08:53 PM by Axelgs1
More information

• Like 1

Again you keep your idle threats to yourself  ..your position and your disrespectfull reply as a moderator  doesn't impress me. Respect goes both ways.

And I suggest before you publicate insults you go very careful.

6 minutes ago, Axelgs1 said:

Again you keep your idle threats to yourself  ..your position and your disrespectfull reply as a moderator  doesn't impress me. Respect goes both ways.

And I suggest before you publicate insults you go very careful.

The irony is that you accuse others of not being able to read properly.. and you STILL can't read.

I'm not a moderator.

Q.E.D.

You are not a member of MENSA.

---

Wait.. OH NOES!! Internet threat detected.. Blipp blipp blipp. Red alert. I repeat, red alert!

----

Oh... excuse me dear sir. I have now come to the conclusion that I must go very carefully, because a threatening man on the internets told me so. Oh god.. NOT THE CHILDREN!!!! LEAVE MY CHILDREN OUT OF THIS!!! The hoorrs!! NOT THE NAIL PLIERS!!! ARGHHH....

As I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death, I fear no evil, see no evil, hear no evil.

Only analphabets.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hologramet said:

The irony is that you accuse others of not being able to read properly.. and you STILL can't read.

I'm not a moderator.

Q.E.D.

You are not a member of MENSA.

---

Wait.. OH NOES!! Internet threat detected.. Blipp blipp blipp. Red alert. I repeat, red alert!

----

Oh... excuse me dear sir. I have now come to the conclusion that I must go very carefully, because a threatening man on the internets told me so. Oh god.. NOT THE CHILDREN!!!! LEAVE MY CHILDREN OUT OF THIS!!! The hoorrs!! NOT THE NAIL PLIERS!!! ARGHHH....

As I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death, I fear no evil, see no evil, hear no evil.

Only analphabets.

I’m not a member of MENSA either (these days) I have a copy of your book. I think you are a lot smarter than me😢

10 minutes ago, kernow said:

Arse monkey! Guess who I’m talking about?

Do you mean me dear?

C9CB21F7-B91D-472B-8164-34DEEF4E4BE7.jpeg

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Axelgs1 said:

I suggest you keep your threatening tone to yourself. And if I need to take it up with the moderators that will be my decision.

are you for real m8???

Asking for help first and then insulting the people who are trying to help? Better look for another forum to vent your frustrations....jeez