When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Fantasy Rolex Semi Bubbleback Project

earloflondon

love these pictorials...way to go mate...well done so far....
Yeah, I love them too. What I have seen so far in the build threads was that most of the builders tended to leave out the pics from the early stages and jump to the final product either because of laze or boredom, for some reason. Mine turned out naturally so, and I believe in the power of visuals rather than the power of words. So, I opted for more pics and fewer words. I think this is more informative and show the shear effort, genius in inventing new solutions, and the like. I know the maesters here or in other fora have put thousands of hours and have incredible experience. They love to share these too. I deeply appreciate them and admire them. Thank you all guys

Sent from my Lenovo K53a48 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
I received the package from riyi. I have this 6 mm crown and I need to tap the case. I couldn't find out which one to use. How to measure the tube? Here is the pic. Not do informative he? ffdec2a7e9c422075d37d2f1cc617d43.jpg&key=c2b3719e086226f6eb45e9fa9d63e102d255ec0e6eb904c65c3caf60474d21c1

Measure the diameter D of the « screw » on the tube and the distance L between 2 threads.

If the measurements are ... let’s say ... D=2.5 and L=0.35 then the right tap is, in metric system, M2.5x0.35.

Hope this help but ask for more if needed.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks for the info,

Yes, I would probably go that way if I had the correct measurement tool or device. That's my biggest problem, as though I have a micrometer to measure the diameter of the part of the tube that is to be screwed into the case, I have no way of measuring the thread distance. I think I'd better go to a watchmaker

Is there any place where I can get the tap with those parameter values mate?

8 hours ago, earloflondon said:

Thanks for the info,

Yes, I would probably go that way if I had the correct measurement tool or device. That's my biggest problem, as though I have a micrometer to measure the diameter of the part of the tube that is to be screwed into the case, I have no way of measuring the thread distance. I think I'd better go to a watchmaker emoji51.png

Is there any place where I can get the tap with those parameter values mate?

If there is a big toolshop in your area you could try to go there with your tube.

If they sell taps they will have what is needed for measurement ... or search ebay for a tap thread jauge

Thanks for the direction. I've searched for gauges and found the Bergeon one. Thought that it would work standard gen parts, not for this one. From the picture I can only get the diameter and I can measure it myself too. But the threads. Anyway, I thought rather than tapping, I might just drill .1mm larger than the original diameter and use either glass hypo cement or some loctite 222. 638209d511fbc340ba225716fab0a2c1.jpg

On 10/13/2018 at 12:04 PM, earloflondon said:

I guess I need something like that after taking the measurements correctly

https://tapsndies.com/metric-tap-m25-x-35

Those are very high grade IMHO.

You can find some cheaper on the bay http://globalaircrafttool.com/25x35hssspecialmetrichandtap.aspx

Just check your measurements twice as those taps are never cheap (unless you buy some chinese) so you really want to buy the accurate at first.