When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

116520 black modded ARF by legend

Jxwatch

First of all, i would like to say thank god i have found Legend. The guy lives up to his name! He was very courteous, good comms skills and knowledgable. attention to detail is amazing! Highly recommended as a modder and now a good friend after we had an experience w customs

Took around 2-3 weeks to wait to mod (the wait is worth it!), but then unfortunately we shipped it via a good and reliable sing post but it was forwarded to dhl when it arrived to thailand. and it got stuck in customs for another week!!!! (Dont use dhl is asia!)

but man, was legend super supportive and concerned and kept good communication all the way! Kudos to this kind and good man.

Long story short, we sent a dummy rolex receipt to the customs (thanks google). And voila we fooled them!!! Haha. What an experience but it really proved that legend was a good guy! And customs can be solved ;)

I know there are a lot of hype on the noob4130 but to me im happy with my baby, arf 116520 on its own. :)

Some specs:

-gen dial black

-shaved pushers patterned to legends gen

-relumed green hands to match the gen dial

-serviced 7750

-rotor silenced

-waterproofed 5-6 atm

Amazing!!!! To all- legend is a true artist and very happy to have worked w him!!!!

On to some pics

ab6ee4889d7c8b4b05a4456ef1d8d441.jpgff0827b54501d2864f68e5db4c0600af.jpg25ed0cd4fbdeaf3a2805c12811441a92.jpg977adb568c21fb49427e9e0f957592fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@legend

• Like 5

good to hear m8, congrats with the watch.
Emails about being friends, eachothers phonenumber and a box and receipt always worked for be in case of customs issues...

And a lot of patience. as i always say good things come to those who wait.

Thank you for the kind review @Jxwatch

Yes you are right, the greatest gain out of this episode for me, is your friendship. You popped out of the blue to purchase a gen dial from me. That was unforgettable lol.

Thank you M for your patience and kindness throughout the process too.

The customs issue was a harrowing experience for us both indeed, but you managed to circumvent the Thai customs with your ingenuity. That was a story on it's own, worth a good chuckle each time we remember it.

Wear the watch well, my friend, and thank you once again for being the guy you are. You have no idea how much I appreciate the experience dealing with you.

• Like 1

This looks great! Question regarding waterproofing is 5 / 6 ATM sufficient or swimming in the pool on holiday ?

From what i know it could go 50-60 meters should be good for rain, washing swimming.

Make sure you always water test it before dipping

This looks great! Question regarding waterproofing is 5 / 6 ATM sufficient or swimming in the pool on holiday ?

To answer your question, a successful pressure test of 5 atm means that the watch is good to go for 40m depth. 10 atm for 80m and so on. An average swimming pool is never more than 2.5m in depth so yes a water resistance rating of 5 atm is more than sufficient for normal pool forays.

[mention=83395]Jxwatch[/mention] Perfect thats more than enough for a splash in the pool on holiday.
[mention=39943]Legend[/mention] Perfect thanks. Out of interest whats the best mod to reduce the thickness of the ARF daytona ?

The ARF Daytona comes with gen like thickness already due to the modified A7750 movement (partially working chrono) so there’s no need to thin it. Jxwatch’s watch wasn’t thinned and it was not necessary to do so.

• Like 1

@Legend it’s 13mm gen is 12.2 I’ve had my gen side by side with an arf and you can see the difference the caseback is a different shape the recess is bigger. I read a few other people used a slimmer caseback after having the deco plate removed and normal rotor added. Just wondered if you could do that ? If it can be done I’d rather do it as it’s one of those things once you’ve seen you can’t un see. Picky I know but can’t help it lol

• Like 1

On 10/2/2018 at 12:02 AM, lcsrep11 said:

@Legend it’s 13mm gen is 12.2 I’ve had my gen side by side with an arf and you can see the difference the caseback is a different shape the recess is bigger. I read a few other people used a slimmer caseback after having the deco plate removed and normal rotor added. Just wondered if you could do that ? If it can be done I’d rather do it as it’s one of those things once you’ve seen you can’t un see. Picky I know but can’t help it lol

OK yes my bad, I did not notice the difference in thickness when I worked on the watch. ;)

Yes the caseback can likely be thinned accordingly I think. Thank you for the heads up!

Its only noticeable if you have skinny wrists like mine, most people could hide it in their skin. Annoying as im not even a skinny guy I just have stupid skinny wrists lol [mention=39943]Legend[/mention]

Lol doesnt bother me even if i have skinny wrists. The case back lays down on the skin anyways and if i look at the actual side case - its very close to gen :) it really depends on the user. If it bothers you better to spend money im sure legend would be able to do it bro.

[mention=83395]Jxwatch[/mention] I have a gen 116520 and compare it all the time otherwise it wouldn't bother me. Once you see it you cant un see it. I know its me 

Hey L

I own gens of both the black and white 116500LN and I didn’t notice the thickness difference lol. I guess it boils down to what bothers us. I think jxwatch owns a gen 116520 too. ;)
7b350827ec35190f548596d5870f0bba.jpg
bdb94c950cbf87c0d857b36fab4e66e8.jpg

Oh I don’t wear them except for photo taking. They’re kept for my collection. I’m a gen AP guy mostly.

I do understand that you have a gen 116520 mate and you’re pedantic about the thickness difference and I think it’s always feedback like that which helps us improve our watches in various ways. Now I’ve to find some way to thin the rep lol.

Yes i think i'm pedantic in general tbh. Weird isn't it I also know that hardly one else knows or even cares I just cant help it lol.

I have been thinking about getting the Jf 15400 for some time now also, so may have a few questions on that for you too if thats ok. Ill wait to hear from you when your back from travelling first. ✌️