When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

One of my favorite watches

By-Tor

Hi everyone, how are you? Long time no see.

The rep is not very accurate for obvious reasons (subdial spacing) but it's one of the best built rep I've ever had. The gen is awesome (has the same movement as Breguet XX) and the detail of finish is extraordinary. Of course the rep is not as nice but it's ALMOST as nice.

My current collection 

Rolex 16710 (gen)

Rolex 16610 (gen and WM9 v2 rep)

Rolex 16750 (gen)

Breitling Superocean Steelfish (gen)

Breitling Skyland blue (gen)

TAG Aquaracer chrono (gen) bought from someone at RWG, can't remember who

Ebel BTR 

Seamaster Bond (gen) bought from someone at RWG, cant' remember who

Seamaster bond Chrono (rep, awesome old 2006 version)

Zenith El Primero Flyback Rainbow (gen)

I'd love to buy this 41mm DJ as gen but I'd love to "rep test" it first. So if someone has this exact model in the EU (or some other dial variation), let me know. :) (borrowed this pic from RWI sales forum).

laxLQyu.jpg

Thanks Nanuq. How are things in the rep world at the moment?

Still no decent 1675 rep I see. I went to the dealers' sites and the ones available looked like shit. They NEVER can do the crown guards correctly. Haha.

9 hours ago, By-Tor said:

Hi Stephane,

what's in your current collection right now? I remember you sold all your gens back in the day. Have you recollected some of them?

Oh well, my current collection right now is a watch offered by the RWG community and another by one member of RWG Monsieur By-Tor 😍
My life has been a rollercoaster, due to my inability to cope with it, so I sold all the gens, the reps and the modified ones too...(some I could not sell as they are not worth the trouble to fix for the recipient though).

As we speak, one is in a good friend's hands to fit some parts I still had around.
The virus of collecting more is gone anyway.
Wearing the gifts is another story: gratitude to be able to wear the design I like (Rolex 5513) and feel the kindness behind it ❤️
Priceless !

Be well!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, kernow said:

Glad to see you back posting again B-T. I have a DJ2 that’s in the EU and available if you want to try it out. 

Nice. Are they with smooth bezel and oyster bracelet? I want that exact combo. :)

Hello B-T! It's interesting the Ebel has the same movement as the Breguet XX. The 582Q movement that Breguet uses is a Lemania 1350. Lemania and Breguet are owned by Swatch these days. Ebel was owned by LVMH until 2003 when it was sold to Movado Group. Your replica would probably have an Asian 7750 in it giving it a slightly wider sub dial spacing. I ran into this when I bought a rep Breguet Type XX. Here's the gen I picked up recently

Q7jRdJ.jpg

Sorry for the bad iPhone pick! Couldn't get it to load either from Imageshack, but maybe you can click on the link and open it in another window...

• Like 1

Hi Alligoat, nice Type XX. Neil had that full gold version, remember? :)

This is what I read at WUS:

"The movement started life as a Lemania 1340 (aka Omega 1040), which descends to some extent from the Lemania 1873 (aka Omega 1861). They are lever-action chronographs that nevertheless have very smooth pusher action and operation. Breguet uses the same movement, finished to about the same level, in the Type XX and XXI, with the additional of a flyback function.  When Ebel started developing their version of this movement, they bought exclusive rights to the movement design from Lemania, with rights given to Ulysse Nardin for the base plate (which UN used in their calendar watches) and to Breguet for use in the Type XX."

Interesting! Ebel and Movado also used the Zenith El Primero movement back in the 80s and 90s, along with Rolex. I've got the (TAG) Heuer 1964 Re-Edition Carrera chronograph- it uses the Lemania 1873 movement- replacing the original V72s that were in the original Carreras of the 60s. These movements are getting better! 

I'd love to find the Type XX rep in gold with a white dial and date!

Hey BT. Good to see you're right side up. The nature of forums, people eventually move on but always wondered what happened to you since you were gone in the blink of an eye. Nice collection you've got there. A few noteworthy reps out there. Check out ARF stuff, notably the 43mm seadweller... And if you haven't heard- noob cloned the 4130 movement. I'd love to get one but $700 on a questionably made rep? Remember those old rules we all used to have... Only 5-10 in the box, never spend more than $300 on a rep, etc... How things have changed...

• Like 1

Oh yeah... for me it's still difficult to justify more than $300 for a rep as there are plenty of nice vintage watches you can get for that money. I never understood the expensive frankens, either. 

So many things happened to me when I disappeared. My son was born, I changed jobs and I sold one rep to Italy where the Italian customs supposedly stole it, etc. I think I compensated the loss fully (or half, can't remember). Never, ever send anything to Italy!!!  I just got tired of it and I already got all watches I ever wanted.  I also made some reviews which never really grabbed much attention anymore so I thought it was a good time to move on. 

Yeah I have those gens but I still wear my reps. Watch is a watch and my rep WM9 and SMP Chrono are almost as good as the gens anyway. WM9 is so good that sometimes I have to double check which one I have on my wrist. Haha. You can tell from the dial as my gen has different "S" on Submariner. :)

PS: Anyone in EU has that Datejust (smooth bezel + oyster combo) and wants to sell? :)

• 1 month later...

Who has the best Submariner????.....you crazy old friends?............nice to see you again,my life was also a rollercoaster....sold all my reps...all my gen......but im back. Now i have a gen Zenith Elprimero Big Date Special! ...and a Casio 5600 😁 square for work!         Nice to be back,......old times were incredible