When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Airplane Flight simulator

bjarneb

Being a bit more than average interested in airplanes I have been using the Microsoft Flight Simulator for some years. Functions are pretty much same as on real airplanes.

Since boys never grow up I took it a bit further and got myself a cockpit replica of a Boeing 737. Pretty cool to have a beer and a flight actually. Some friends who have been afraid of flying actually feel more confident after playing with it since they know more about how safe it really is :)

Guess I need a Breitling now.

sim.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks mate.
That what I started with too. Actually that was the most fun, because that is when I learned what all the [censored]s and stuff was for. Not to mention when I had my first ILS landing. Think that was the best simulator experience I ever had, because I spent so much time learning how to figure it out :)

On 10/13/2018 at 10:23 PM, bjarneb said:

Being a bit more than average interested in airplanes I have been using the Microsoft Flight Simulator for some years. Functions are pretty much same as on real airplanes.

Since boys never grow up I took it a bit further and got myself a cockpit replica of a Boeing 737. Pretty cool to have a beer and a flight actually. Some friends who have been afraid of flying actually feel more confident after playing with it since they know more about how safe it really is :)

Guess I need a Breitling now.

sim.jpg

oh wow this set up must have cost a fortune. Impressive to say the least!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2019 at 10:36 AM, Lobster said:

Just saw this post as well for the first time. Incredible build. Spent many hours on Microsoft’s flight sim myself as well as their older ww2 fighter plane sim. 

Started with FSM myself. And grew into a pationate interest for airplanes ;)
Just received an overhead panel, tricky part is to configure all the stuff ..