When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tiffany’s 1680 Relume

hanski

Recently got the chance to relume a JK Factory Tiffany’s Dial 1680. It’s a pleasure reluming this “era” watch with a creamy yellow, slightly pillowed lume. The added depth helps the flat, stock Cartel dial come alive. 

I just got my hands on some dark brown tritium tone lume powder - my next endeavor is to start experimenting with adding another layer of tone/texture to the lume dots - mimicking the degrading tritium lume of years past. Just need to get my hands on a spare 1680 dial... 

Oh, some pictures: 

0vkdq.jpg

0v206.jpg

0vG50.jpg

0vwfF.jpg

0v8zr.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, e30m3 said:

Good lord, well done! Mind my asking, what do you use to apply? I've tried toothpick threads, reeeeallly thin paint brushes, and oilers, but never had such a smooth result.

I use a medium Oiler for most of it. I use a thin Oiler for the tip of the triangle. It’s all about getting the right lume consistency before applying them floating the material around the plots. 

15 minutes ago, automatico said:

Super fine job!

Always wondered...

How long does it take, start to finish?

All included (disassembly, removing old lume, and relume) ~1hr. The actual lume is pretty quick, about 20-30 min. It’s important to move quickly so the lume doesn’t dry out midway thru. 

• Like 1