When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The New Tudor Black Bay Fifty-Eight (58) 79030N

508-Fanatic

3 minutes ago, hologramet said:

I agree.. Dial and hands finishing is quite subpar, original parts are next to impossible to source (and expensive).. One might as well buy the genuine one.

Well at the very least it helped me answer my question of whether or not I'd buy this or build a DD. This watch just has too many issues to mod out. Sadly the gen is definitely out of the range of my wallet at this point.

On 1/11/2019 at 11:04 AM, daovto said:

No v2...Why not? Or why wouldn't another Factory have a go... It's a pretty significant watch... and there are bound to be more variants released by Tudor.

I was assuming that this watch would sell quite poorly due to how [censored] of a rep it is in all honestly which pushes down the chances of a V2, as does the size of the watch. Rep factories have seemed to be making far fewer smaller watches compared to big watches in recent times. 

4 minutes ago, HaydenM said:

I was assuming that this watch would sell quite poorly due to how [censored] of a rep it is in all honestly which pushes down the chances of a V2, as does the size of the watch. Rep factories have seemed to be making far fewer smaller watches compared to big watches in recent times

The trend is smaller watches at least to those in the know, the day of big ones is on the decline give it a few years ................... as far as factories they will cater to the numbers for now but those who are buying gen are going smaller they will catch up.

The whole point is to offer cheaper reps instead of high price gens in demand , so when the smaller tread takes hold they will follow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike on a bike said:

The trend is smaller watches at least to those in the know, the day of big ones is on the decline give it a few years ................... as far as factories they will cater to the numbers for now but those who are buying gen are going smaller they will catch up.

Thank god, cant wait for the pendulum to swing the other way again where I can actually wear new watches 😛

• Like 1

Yes trend is now back to small size and Rep industry should follow. Gen more discreet watch is now the gentleman's favorite, keyword is discretion, bulky and flashy reps unless you have really a big wrist are for people who want to show to the others their expensive watches. Then or course is a matter of taste, but high end Rep should adapt to the new downsizing. I love small and thin watch I wear a lot my explorer1 and 3717 and I would like to replace my planet ocean with a more small diver. This is why I had a lot of expectations for this 58 and I will wait to see if a new version will appear. The current one is not bad, but I I won't need a 1:1 but the crown is too tall and probably a little smaller on diameter and this ruins the harmony of the case shape

• 1 month later...

Gentlemen thank you all for chiming in! I was exploring the watch and found Version 1.uh-oh to be far too sub-par to purchase.

I think I'm going with the Cartier Santos instead. 

https://puretime.io/watch-brands/cartier/santos-de-cartier/santos-de-cartier-large-2018-kor-1-1-best-edition-white-dial-on-ss-bracelet-miyota-9015.html#

• 1 month later...
There's been a quiet update to the Tudor Fifty-Eight. Lume and tube height look to be improved. 
Here are 2 QC shots from Puretime. Purchased by 2 different members within a few days of each other over on RWI:

Puretime QC 1:
dKsYbBM.thumb.jpg.6ffed06b9d1e94b3220379e9f6af0477.jpg

Puretime QC 2:
QJSeNeP.thumb.jpg.1fe4b9a1cce9bc9af0e0523d0bc4bb47.jpg

Great to see the update. Might have to have another look into this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maaaaan!! I can't wait for the update.. awesome.
Well in my opinion the QC2 picture is already updated on the lume and crown. Maybe it is still not perfect, crown is still too long and there are some other things that should be fixed but it is now fine to me. Only big issue is now the qc of ZF. Almost all the latest QC show crooked markers

Inviato dal mio LG-H870DS utilizzando Tapatalk