When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hyjynx’s Definitive Collection. A close look....

Hyjynx

This is a no-frills, unabashed, pictorial of my current collection of watches. I’m no watch snub, so some might be surprised by what I consider MY definitive and true collection. I’ll try to answer all questions, but to avoid unnecessary repetition, let’s get a few FAQs out of the way.

1. How long have you been collecting watches? I’ll say for most of my adult life, but only seriously in the last 7 or so years.

2. Which are your (insert any number here) favorite watches? I don’t have favorites. I just love watches (in no particular order) for design, materials and complications.

3. Is there a rhyme or reason to the arrangement? Yes. Borne more out of convenience than any other considerations, I arrange my watches by bands - SS bracelets, black leather, brown leather, black/brown rubber, and odd colors (blue, green, gray, etc.) Tourbillons are also grouped together.

4. What’s the thumb tacks for? That’s how I monitor watches worn and/or wound. After I return a worn watch into the box, I push a tack into the pillow/cushion so I don’t have reach for it until I complete a rotation. There are times I would have wound a watch to wear but changed my mind. It still gets tacked.

5. Why are there unused pillows and what are you doing about that unsightliness? My brass/bronze watches were on those. I recently decided to separate them from the rest of the collection because that’s the direction in which my interest is currently evolving and I’m running out of space for watch boxes. What am I going to do about the spaces? Buy more watches.

6. Will you make a list to help noobs identify all these watches? Maybe. Not today though. I still struggle with the nomenclature for the PAMs.

7. Seriously, are these all the watches you currently own? No. There are about 25 others that I acquired in the early days of my interest but are no longer worn or cared for, really. I bring them out at thanksgiving for my nephews to relieve or raid me of. Millennials are such suckers for anything battery-powered.

8. What is your current gen:rep ratio? I don’t know and I really don’t care. They’re all the same to me.

9. Besides a good disposable income, how does one get away with owning such a large collection of watches? One marries a self-accomplished woman with a proportional obsession for shoes and bags.

Now, on to the watches.

The SS bands box

731e852b195467448304f85dc0b82947.jpg

Black leather box

8c87cb2cfb01128ecb1024c4daeffc2b.jpg

Brown leather box (some black leather spillovers)

dd3d58db4ab90c943e645a195225be98.jpg

Rubber band box

f996b0dc12da2a5fea00c4d521c66c5e.jpg

Tourbillon, and others box

0c0ebc7d0d58bb8ca5e2d2885aa851fc.jpg

Brass/bronze hangout

afef9471903758222f6913582f910bf4.jpg

A collage? Of course!

80d0f8e895d554a2eb5fc2b150e137f5.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, getting towards one for each day of the year! I thought I was going well at around 50 watches. I do like your taste though, I have some which are the same. Keep going......

Wow, getting towards one for each day of the year! I thought I was going well at around 50 watches. I do like your taste though, I have some which are the same. Keep going......

Thanks. It’s looking like that, isn’t it? Wow. I’m getting some royal treatment here. Should visit more often!

That's a heck of a collection! Very nice. And thanks for taking the time to post it! How about some detailed photos of what you'd consider favorites?

Thanks. Doing that will contradict my answer to FAQ #2. However, I’m willing to hold my own feet to the fire for what will undoubtedly be very hard exercise. Stay tune!

[mention=57593]Hyjynx[/mention] that is an impressive collection, and I can see that you have an eclectic and classy taste. 
I do agree with you though: rep or gen, we wear them for our pleasure and pride. 
Keep up the collection! 

Thanks. I couldn’t have said that better myself.