When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question about stem/crown coupling

lorenzo1910

Hello all,

I don't know anything about the stem thread size and the coupling with crowns so, please, be patient if my question looks silly...

I'm going to replace the crown in a Milsub rep watch that has a DG2813 movement... I need a Submariner crown (7mm) that would fit the DG2813 stem (the crown on the watch is a sterile 7mm crown)...  what if the crown is stated "for ETA 2824/2836"?
Different stem thread?

Different tube thread?

To be clear : the watch is a Tiger Concept 5513V2 and I would like to install the 7mm crown from Raffles Dials...

Thank you!

Is it an easy task replace the tube? Guess my watchsmith has the knowledge (and the tools)...

BTW I think that the Submariner cases from Tiger are the same that can be found on most of the cheap reps... and there are high chances that those crowns are made for that kind of cases... we'll see...

Thank you guys... I'll share the result for future reference...

It's fairly easy to do. First you remove the existing tube from the case (maybe with a rat tail file). You need a 3.0mm x .35 tap to clean out the threads in the case. Then you need a tube wrench to install the new tube- it's a Rolex tool which cost $35 or so. Put a little bit of thread locker on the tube before you install it. All of the crowns typically take a .9mm stem which is probably what you have on the dg2813.  Don't know what the watchmaker would charge- if he has the tools, maybe $50-75. It takes maybe 30 minutes at most.