When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some old rep pics of mine

By-Tor

Hey I found a folder in my hard drive that has some classic replica pictures that I've taken back in the day.

First there was this "ceramic" GMT that came out. It was pretty damn good rep. As a watch it's boring as hell though.

Third picture it's next to my gen 16710. Fourth picture has a NOKIA phone. The phones were a bit different back in those days too. Cheers.

I'll post more later.

1.jpg

dial4.jpg

5-6.jpg

1-1.jpg

• Like 2

ByTor.... I'm taking a stroll down memory lane tonight on RWG... but it's incredible to see you're still active here.  Not sure if you remember me... But cheers my friend.  Hope you're well!

Best,

p.s. Amazing photos btw! I think I was around when you first took those!

pps.. That Nokia was no joke! I used to have a similar version in Silver!

Edited by plaifender
  • Like 2

Oh I remember you. Cheers man.

I was away for years. Now I try to  pop up every now and then. :)

Let's put more pictures. This was the freakiest rep I've ever had. Not very accurate as the subdial spacing can't mimic the Breguet movement they use in BTR's but the build quality was amazing.

I loved the rep so much that I bought a gen of this too.

2 (4).jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, By-Tor said:

Oh I remember you. Cheers man.

I was away for years. Now I try to  pop up every now and then. :)

Let's put more pictures. This was the freakiest rep I've ever had. Not very accurate as the subdial spacing can't mimic the Breguet movement they use in BTR's but the build quality was amazing.

I loved the rep so much that I bought a gen of this too.

2 (4).jpg

Amazing! I remember these pics! They really are somewhat iconic!

• Like 1

I'm in various gen communities so I don't feel like posting my gen pics here. :)  But let's share more of these rep ones. I also had a correct hand stack version of this. Then I bought the gen and sold all these reps. Who remembers buying these from me and are they still running? :)

I sold this to someone. IMG_8365.jpg.901c33fc53c6c8873a39a6d5860910c2.jpg

• Like 1

This was Sub 16610 WM1. The first Sub that really, really was the SHIT.

In the second picture it's next to my gen GMT again and you see why this was a remarkable rep. It mimicked the genuine looking crystal / rehaut look very well.

I loved the V1.

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

• Like 2

I'm thinking the WM V1 was around 2010-12. 

There was V1, V2 and V3 as I recall. WM9 was after that. I was building an A serial MBW which I converted to gen bezel assembly around that time- got it from Chris at Eurotimez. I'd post a PIC, BUT IT'S TIED UP OVER AT PHOTOBUCKET AND I WON'T Pay THE RANSOM!

Come to think of it, there was also WM9- V-1 thru 3- maybe that's what ByTor is thinking of.

After that was the TW best 16610 from BK and then along came TC.

Then it was BP and JF 

@alligoat: That watch in the picture was WM9 v1 (I think). At least that's how it was labeled.

TAG Aquaracer day-date rep 45mm. Very nice.

8Q9nxPf.jpg

And one more 16570

ZgIWjuE.jpg

Around the same time as the WM9-V1, there was this MBW which I got from Chris at Eurotimez. It had drilled lugholes and I converted the bezel assembly to gen like construction with some gen and aftermarket parts. Lastly I ditched the noobmariner dial and hands and swapped in WM9 dial and hands. Oh, gen crown and tube and a TC 93250 completed the deal. It goes swimming regularly. Drilled out the lugholes also.

9GWXXe.jpg

q2aW4L.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Eurotimez watch has differences from Wm9 from my memory. They all came out of Taiwan in the beginning.

Wm9

V1 as above

V2 had ladies movement fitted

V3 was when the LV and TT versions were launched but had the poor cg’s where the crown was too recessed.

V4 improved and was the model used for the early TC template and when George of Watchmaker9 apparently died in a high speed crash! Sometime in 2012.

@By-tor. Have you still got your V2 my old friend?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 12/25/2018 at 12:53 AM, watcher said:

@watcher: Oh yes I do. I also have gen 16610 but I still wear my WM9 occasionally haha. You delivered me the watch and bklm1234 gave me the gen insert and crown for it as a wedding gift. I will never part with it because of that.

The only way to tell the gen and rep apart is the crown position and bracelet (it's always a bit different on the rep).

This photo is probably before the mods. Merry Christmas my friend.

B1f28Bn.jpg

• Like 3

On 11/24/2018 at 9:32 AM, By-Tor said:

This was Sub 16610 WM1. The first Sub that really, really was the [censored].

In the second picture it's next to my gen GMT again and you see why this was a remarkable rep. It mimicked the genuine looking crystal / rehaut look very well.

I loved the V1.

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

I remember when you got this, it made me gravitate towards my purchase of one as well. Cost a pretty penny back then, but the V1 was a real game changer. Thanks for the memories!

On 12/24/2018 at 4:53 PM, watcher said:

Eurotimez watch has differences from Wm9 from my memory. They all came out of Taiwan in the beginning.

Wm9

V1 as above

V2 had ladies movement fitted

V3 was when the LV and TT versions were launched but had the poor cg’s where the crown was too recessed.

V4 improved and was the model used for the early TC template and when George of Watchmaker9 apparently died in a high speed crash! Sometime in 2012.

@By-tor. Have you still got your V2 my old friend?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn’t know George died, that’s a damn shame, he was a great connoisseur of details and he made some great pieces.

• 1 month later...
Had the TW best from BK a gen spec case???? Know everybody which gen parts are fit at the TW best Submariner????

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Simply No!

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

I believe that MBW was the same watch as the WM1.
No it was not, I reviewed it in the past.

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...