When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Been 5 years since I last posted.... At least. Hello again!

plaifender

Hi everyone. I'm not back in any significant kind of way... My interests and priorities have shifted massively since then..

Notwithstanding... tonight I did comeback to do some research and I've been compelled to say hello to everyone that might possibly remember me from back long ago!  

I saw my fair share of people come in go during the years that I was active and I always appreciated RWG's policy of "Fine People"... Seriously some of the best out there! And I hope the saying still holds true!

Anyways.. Just saying hello!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I make it a point to get together with him every time I go to Hawaii.  He's crazy busy so no, he never checks in here anymore.  Remember that Doxa SUB 300T we all chipped in for when he was in the hospital?  He wears it every time.  What a great brother.

lani.jpg

1 hour ago, keeper said:

Hello and welcome back.

I'm an oldtimer...don't recognise any of you bar stewards...except KB.

Hope his gear has improved. 

😎

Do you have anything good to say keeper, I went through all of your 30 posts and it would seem not. We do not need wise guys here , I know where you are from go back.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nanuq said:

@plaifender are you still making recordings of yourself playing? Since we last talked I picked up a shweet Martin D42 Special, sounds like heaven.

I don’t think I shared any recordings of mine on this forum so you might’ve mistaken me for someone else.. but I might’ve had some photos somewhere of me playing while wearing a watch... a D42 you say!? Holy moly! I never played anything even close to that nice.. but I’m more partial to the vintage Martins. My good friend has got a 60s D28.

Im more partial to smaller cutaways. My acoustic is a takamine EF-261 from 2001 (Santa fe series) A little workhouse that sounds beautiful plugged in and quietly balanced unplugged. But no where close to where your tone and projection is. But Takamine electronics were ahead of the pack when i bought the guitar.. nowadays I think the playing field has leveled in that department though!

Oooooo very nice. I fell in love with Takamine in the 70s. You'd love the D42, I have it tuned DADGAD and running through Kashmir just sounds jaw-dropping good. *shiver*