When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2836-2 Fits Loose in Case

mlfloyd

I purchased a replacement 2836-2 Day/Date movement and it came with a plastic movement ring. It doesn’t fit snug in the case.

I tried the original metal movement ring and get the same loose fit.

The movement ligne is the same (11.5)

I also noticed that I can’t transfer the day wheel from my original movement to the new movement; the date wheel fits fine.

I’ll post the pictures you would want to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, mlfloyd said:

I purchased a replacement 2836-2 Day/Date movement and it came with a plastic movement ring. It doesn’t fit snug in the case.

I tried the original metal movement ring and get the same loose fit.

The movement ligne is the same (11.5)

I also noticed that I can’t transfer the day wheel from my original movement to the new movement; the date wheel fits fine.

I’ll post the pictures you would want to see.

Did you replace it with a genuine or a clone??

if your original movement was a clone and you replaced it with a genuine or vice versa, then there is your answer!!

In my experience clones and genuines do not always interchange - especially with parts!   I had this problem with replacing just the yoke on mine and the whole damn keyless works did not mesh up and had to replace the complete keyless works!

Also regarding your loose mvt,  I would recommend buying a raffles movement ring size #2 as it is 2.4mm which can be sanded down to get a nice tight fit.   Forget your # 1 ring as they are useless!! This is paramount as a loose movement is not healthy for your dial as you can easily break your dial feet where you are then up for a new dial!  Good luck!!

You make a lot of sense.
I bought the watch from an RWG dealer named Eddie Lee about 8 years ago. He advertised the movement as ETA and that’s what I believe he sold me since I paid $450 for the piece.

The movement I just bought is a Chinese ETA clone.

I’ll look into the #2 raffles ring.

It may have been longer than 8 years ago.
Eddie Lee was a great Dealer with beautiful Rolex pieces.
He was Taiwanese and was always critical of the Chinese pieces.

My piece was an all gold day-Date with white dial and gold Roman numerals. The band is still beautiful.

Is there someone in the forum that can put it back together again it’s too nice a watch to scrap.

On 27 November 2018 at 8:37 AM, alligoat said:

If you got a movement from Eddie Lee 8 years ago, it is a Swiss ETA. Since then all of the dealers have had to start using clones since Swatch has restricted the sale of the Swiss movements

Eddie Lee sold good merchandise!  

The interesting part is that when I removed the movement from the case, it had eta 2836-2 stamped on the base plate but also had Rolex stamped on it also!  The rotor was cut inside the plate to resemble the rolex style movement. At the time some debate existed on the other forums, whether such movements were actually eta and I was always under impression that mine was a China made eta because of this, which we now refer to them as clones!   Regardless of where it was made, it was a very good piece that was incredibly accurate and very rugged!   I never really valued it as I definitely would  today, simply because these pieces were so affordable and so readily available especially with the low cost of eta at the time!