When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1570/5 GMT parts...

automatico

"Looks pretty wasted, not worth it?"

"I agree- that baby is beyond hope."

Yep.

The calendar spacer, 24 hour wheel, 12 hour wheel, calendar wheel, and maybe a couple other parts are about all of the special GMT parts that might be usable.  The balance wheel would be Ok and the hairspring looks good from what you can see, but it is really hard to tell about the hs.  It probably needs a balance staff and the round steel bumpers in the calendar spacer will be rusty.  Fifty USD would be my limit.

I have a 3035 that looked the same way and the only parts that were good enough to use were the balance complete, hour wheel, and a few other assorted parts.  The rust stains would not come off the plates, they faded a little in an ultrasonic cleaner but still look bad.  The reversers were shot along with all the calendar parts.  Every screw except 2 or 3 were rusted solid.  The watch was stored with the balance out of the water and that's all that saved it.  Evidently the owner just laid it down and forgot about it after it drowned.

It's at $237.50 with a day and a half to go.