When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big earthquake today

Nanuq

Guys not for nothing, perhaps the precursor to this ---- 

An "event" that rippled all the way around the world last month, seriously crazy stuff and scientists are just beginning to understand what happened and look into it. 

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2018/11/strange-earthquake-waves-rippled-around-world-earth-geology/

@Nanuq glad you are okay, and hope your personal damage was minimal my man. Alaska has apparently been hit by more than 230 ripple-quakes since Friday?!?

[mention=32]Nanuq[/mention]
Haven't been on RWG since a few days so I just stumble upon your post this morning.
Hope everything is OK now for your family and friends.
I lived an earthquake years ago with my wife and sons and wow !!! years later one consider that an "experience" or "adventure" but at the moment it's really frightening.
Wish you the best buddy

Envoyé de mon Moto G (5) Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. We're having hundreds of aftershocks every day and our nerves are pretty shot. We have significant damage at our home and we're fixing things as fast as we can. The place I work is nearly destroyed so I can't go back in the building yet even with the guards. So everything is still uncertain. Well almost everything... the brotherhood here at RWG is never uncertain. Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and words.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Are the watches okay? 

The safe moved quite a way across the floor, but I can report the watches are fine. The gun safe is 300# empty with another 200# inside and it moved 8" away from the wall, on carpet. That was one hell of a wallop. Way way stronger than any 8-richter events I've been through!

The ground around my house is 3" back from the foundation and I have huge cracks across my gravel driveway. We lost a lot of art and need to get a lot reframed. Some of the plumbing broke and I've got that fixed, and I got the wood stove pushed back in place. Day by day we're getting past this!

More locality photos...

9f3ddc7595a237b77ceef60999574094.png&key=a49fc3b0f4bf270ac3e0be846868de5083cb8758a839fb9d53e405a3181e58cf

193ac2f01a586acdcd8b8ba1fc8834c3.jpg&key=f08ecf950eec8f643283dfb4f78e3892c6ca3dcdbe930500c3269e040a709cd2

95f145845b4b381c2ab7ceff68e5e954.png

0f03f59bb46e2b347ba9103079e074f5.png

4577ea908a117a12d8a26981389e3315.png

Yeah I was at work and all the ceiling tiles and the frames, the light fixtures, all our manuals, the laptops and CDs came raining down on me, and I was just holding onto my desk in amazement. It put so much dust in the air it set off the fire alarms, then the guards came through to evacuate us and we were climbing over rubble to get out. The sweet thing is, my building is unsafe for reentry so I get 3 days off while they clear the rubble.

There's a silver lining in every rain cloud.

Jeeze! I've not been jumping in here for a couple of days so I've just read this. Sorry you had to go through this. I've experienced quakes and know how it feels when everything you hold dear is potentially in danger... Whish you and all your fellow-countrymen can move past this unharmed asap.

Inviato dal mio EML-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk