When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this an authentic omega seamaster?

mkennesonj

Whilst I’m not an expert on these old Seamasters, there is nothing that screams rep to me. However, buy the seller not the watch. For example if it’s on eBay, check their feedback and if they have any negative feedback regarding reps or fakes then run a mile. Along with their returns policy - can you buy, inspect and return if it’s a rep? 

They have 100% positive feedback. As far as the return policy goes eBay let’s you return an item no matter what the seller says if it’s not as described. When it arrives I think I’m going to take it to an omega dealer near me to make sure it’s authentic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I’ve been trading gen vintage omega for over 10 years. I believed this is Geneva and I’m of opinion that the dial was remake. Depending on price , it’s still a good value investment. But don’t take my words for it. Do your research on seller etc and at the end it’s your judgement call.

They have 100% positive feedback. As far as the return policy goes eBay let’s you return an item no matter what the seller says if it’s not as described. When it arrives I think I’m going to take it to an omega dealer near me to make sure it’s authentic.

Invest in a case opener, not expensive. Look for the movement serial and match with the years

I’ve been trading gen vintage omega for over 10 years. I believed this is Geneva and I’m of opinion that the dial was remake. Depending on price , it’s still a good value investment. But don’t take my words for it. Do your research on seller etc and at the end it’s your judgement call.

Invest in a case opener, not expensive. Look for the movement serial and match with the years

I paid a little over $500 hopefully that’s not too much if the dial has been replaced. I appreciate all the info!

• 3 weeks later...
Is it possible that the case back doesn’t belong to the case?

Could you test if has a quickset date ?
565 caliber HAS 24 jewels and SHOULD HAVE quickset date ... Late 60ies.
Serial number 27.xxx.xxx says 1968.
6 digits (3.3) caseback ... ???

Envoyé de mon Moto G (5) Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

1 hour ago, manodeoro said:

Could you test if has a quickset date ?
565 caliber HAS 24 jewels and SHOULD HAVE quickset date ... Late 60ies.
Serial number 27.xxx.xxx says 1968.
6 digits (3.3) caseback ... ???

It appears that it is. I appreciate all the help!

It appears that it is. I appreciate all the help!
Seems everything is OK with that watch ... everything confirms Omega Geneve ... and the dial could be original IMO.
Problem is that you probably paid it a little on the high range ... some "sisterwatches" sold for US$ 350/400 in France (plus shipping) and higher estimate I've seen was US$485 with a mint dial.

The seller refunded me half of the purchase price bringing it to about $250 shipped which is a steal in my opinion. Why wouldn’t the dial say Genève? I’m confused.
My bad ... I forgot about the "seamaster".
Now dial original or not $250 is really good.
And you can see many legit (or so called by expert) seamasters with the same case.
So you can just service it and enjoy, or source a mint seamasters or Geneve dial.
In any case you'll be a lucky guy.