When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Financial rape incoming

tyrantblade

So I got a credit card from CapitalOne, was paying on it up to date, then I got behind. Was charged $400 for a month of diet pills (my stupid self fell for a "trial" and then got billed for a subscription I didn't ask for and I didn't even get the diet pills yet I'm supposed to pay $400 for them).

I owe $1400, I'm gonna be charged $2300 and all I can do is wait for the financial rape and suffering that 2019 is sure to contain as I cant fight them, I dont have time to go to court or money for an attorney.

My life is basically gonna be ruined, I dont have this money but they are going to county court and gonna take it (as soon as they get the judge to sign papers allowing it)

It is worth trying to reach the seller and threatening to dispute the transaction with CapitalOne. Even though you may have agreed to T&Cs, and they will win the dispute, a significant number of disputes will result in CapitalOne closing their merchant account, so they might refund you to avoid the dispute.  Vendors like this are unlikely to take or respond to court action whatever they say, it is just not a priority for them.

I ended up reaching a settlement with the debt collector; not that I wanted to pay them anything; but since it was either pay $2300 (or more) by force or agree to pay $1500; $800 is more than I can spend on things that I want in more than a month, and the sooner I pay them and they can get off my Ass the better.

Never again am I gonna bother with a credit card, nor am I ever leasing/financing anything.

• 2 months later...