When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SCORE!!!!!

Guest Bjd1020

Guest Bjd1020

So ive been into the watch game for eons however just recently into doing my own repairs when my oris TT1 got water in it. Ive invested quite a bit into tools and study. Ive attempted my 7750 rebuild 4 times now. Getting better each time. Part of my practice ive been buying 7750s on ebay that are for parts and stripping them down and such. Ive become fairy familiar with the grades as well. One I purchsed that came in yesterday seemed little different. There was no 7750 stamp on it but rather an A05H21. It also had a weird jewel clip for the blance. When stripping it down it was a little dirty but all parts seemed to be in tact except for part 8000 and 224. Also the balance staff was snapped and as a resilt the balance wheel was just floating. From what ive read I have fairly decent movement here. The hairspring seems to be fine. I have a high end balance wheel with an intact staff mounted however I do not know how to attach the wheel assembly to the spring. I did see a video on this forum that seems to show how to but havent dug into it yet. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also just an FYI it seems the folks here are bit more receptive to newbies unlike the guys on watchuseek. It seems all I have gotten from them is beratement and discouragement. Im glad I found this group!!!!90dcf934f5370345bbc6634de9c5f59d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes we are a friendly bunch here on the whole. I believe That the tool you need is a mk1 air cooled variable pressure regulator.  Here’s a photo, it’s what I use in all my watch related repairs. 

0B6D9327-77A2-496B-80E4-3DE1C4D11A9E.jpeg

Or maybe wait until someone (anyone) with more knowledge than me comes along. Keep up the good work though 👍🏻

• Like 1

Guest Bjd1020
Yes we are a friendly bunch here on the whole. I believe That the tool you need is a mk1 air cooled variable pressure regulator.  Here’s a photo, it’s what I use in all my watch related repairs. 

0B6D9327-77A2-496B-80E4-3DE1C4D11A9E.jpeg.bf5b1492534cfd39cf8effe21b5736d2.jpeg
LMAO!!!!

"I do not know how to attach the wheel assembly to the spring."

Look closely and see how the hs is attached to the balance...pinned, glued, or laser welded.  Pinned hs can be r/r by removing the pin in the collet mounted on the balance staff. 

Many hs are glued or laser welded to the collet.  The fix for them is a replacement 'balance complete'.

Balance complete = balance with hs attached.

I have a couple 7750 but have not worked on one.  Did not look at one to see how the hs is attached because what I need to see is out of sight and would involve removing the balance. 

I have heard claims of repairing detached glued/laser welded hs from people I do not know but no one I know has tried it.

"Also just an FYI it seems the folks here are bit more receptive to newbies unlike the guys on watchuseek."

I know what you mean.  It is somewhat of a repair guy clique over there and not overly friendly. 

https://www.eta.ch/swisslab/7750/7750.html

FYI...

ETA 7750 variant:

https://grail-watch.com/2015/02/08/curious-case-column-wheel-valjoux-7750-variants/

Guest Bjd1020
"I do not know how to attach the wheel assembly to the spring."

Look closely and see how the hs is attached to the balance...pinned, glued, or laser welded.  Pinned hs can be r/r by removing the pin in the collet mounted on the balance staff. 
Many hs are glued or laser welded to the collet.  The fix for them is a replacement 'balance complete'.
Balance complete = balance with hs attached.

I have a couple 7750 but have not worked on one.  Did not look at one to see how the hs is attached because what I need to see is out of sight and would involve removing the balance. 
I have heard claims of repairing detached glued/laser welded hs from people I do not know but no one I know has tried it.

"Also just an FYI it seems the folks here are bit more receptive to newbies unlike the guys on watchuseek."

I know what you mean.  It is somewhat of a repair guy clique over there and not overly friendly. 

https://www.eta.ch/swisslab/7750/7750.html

FYI...
ETA 7750 variant:
https://grail-watch.com/2015/02/08/curious-case-column-wheel-valjoux-7750-variants/

Thanks a zillion. Im gonna put the assembly under the microscope and take a few pics. Ill share shortly. Would be good to go ahead and put together a video for everyone to use. Stand by and thanks for responding.