When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

16610LV - TC V7X vs JF V2

wne

Hey guys,

Maybe someone can help me.

Im going to start a full Franken 16610LV project so with GEN Dial, Hands, Crystal, DW, Bezel, Insert, Crown, Tube, Bracelet - everything GEN besides the Case.

I already got a TC V7X (Extreme). A 3135H with GEN parts would be fit then.

But I‘m still unsure between the TC and the newest JF 16610LV V2 which has the better case. Of course both need some Mods I guess..

But I read everywhere different comments on the case. Which one is now better? Because otherwise it would be better to sell the V7X „as it is“ and get a JF.

But as you see I’m super unsure. Hope to get some answers here. It’s just about the Case. Everything else will be changed GEN.

Thanks!

I've been up to date on TC's work since the v5 or so. I also own a JF v2.

The differences between the JF v2 and the TC V7x are, in my opinion, quality and finish oriented. The differences in case shape may be minimal, but details such as the following make the V7x a clear winner:

- great bezel insert

- great bezel action (very solid clicks, very little play)

- great machining of the teeth on the bezel 

- V7x comes with lug chamfers that are more similar to an unserviced 16610. JF lug chamfers are IMO more similar to a sub that has been very lightly polished and rechamfered at an RSC, but others argue the JF lug chamfer is as many 16610s came originally. YMMV

That said, the V7x sells for a good amount more than the JF v2. If you want to save some money on your build, sell the V7x, buy a v2, and make something a hair less expensive that is 95% as good :)

Good luck with the build and be sure to have patience as with any committed project.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your comment!

The V7X is a very good "Out-of-the-Box" Watch - thats true, maybe the best you can get still with the KH Dial.

But for your Points:

- I will add an whole GEN Bezel (Bezel, Insert)

So its not necessary for me. I dont want to mod so much on the TC so I better sell it.  A JF case is better for my project, since Im gonna  change 90% of everything to GEN.

If anyone want it - I will sell it in the next days - coming with a GEN Insert.

Edited by wne

JF is a better candidate.

I have a similar Frankenstein build.

JF case

JF bezel ass

25-295-C12 (more modern than it should be, but I like it so)

Gen crown

Gen bezel insert

Gen dial

Gen hands

Gen 3135 Parachrome

Priek crystal caseback

JF 16610 bracelet with Noob v9 Glidelock clasp

Recommended!

/holo

• Like 2

3 hours ago, emameme said:

Wow...how is it with the glideblock clasp????

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

It fits straight off.. no mods. Feels amazing. I always install Glidelock on my Rolex bracelets. Even installed on a 214270...

i recommend brushing the polished glidelock links vertically to match the remaining links.