When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Prof Steve´s AR Service

torobravo

When you care about quality and details, the best and most visible modding on your watch is an AR coating, and for that my man to go is Prof Steve. Not the first job and definitely not the last.

Here we go ladies and gentlemen AR by rnrprof and watch dissected and put together by fleed
814JWJ4.jpg
z4e4i9S.jpg
AQ4bhra.jpg
i0veSFp.jpg

15450 and 15400, I guess I don´t need to tell you which one is which, both from JF and only one is modded

• Like 1

I agree that double ARs look nice for some watches, but for APs, it actually makes the watch look inaccurate as gen AP crystals are all single AR. 

Also, the double AR accentuates the flaws on the tapisseries and printing for the rep. Double AR crystals are also prone to surface scratches and marring.

My gen 15400, with single AR crystal

9ea8e50620875484252a74cbdfb65aa3.jpg

• Like 5

Agree Prof is the best

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

I agree that double ARs look nice for some watches, but for APs, it actually makes the watch look inaccurate as gen AP crystals are all single AR. 
Also, the double AR accentuates the flaws on the tapisseries and printing for the rep. Double AR crystals are also prone to surface scratches and marring.

My gen 15400, with single AR crystal
9ea8e50620875484252a74cbdfb65aa3.jpg&key=b10b40a925c3b0833f45b87df8fab09030c831d687ef0d8b0bd676ac244d6ecc
Nice AP Factory model mate V1 haha Glad they got that right first time haha

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...

Bringing this post back from the dead as I have a related question.  I have a 2007 Silix purchased HBB Lite.  Still works other than the chrono hand is off a bit and it's kind of beat.  I had it sent out for double AR in 2008 done by "chief".  The AR on the front is scratched all to hell just like Legend mentioned above.  Is there some way I can go about removing the AR myself?

20220728_162506.jpg

Edited by robr

35 minutes ago, robr said:

Bringing this post back from the dead as I have a related question.  I have a 2007 Silix purchased HBB Lite.  Still works other than the chrono hand is off a bit and it's kind of beat.  I had it sent out for double AR in 2008 done by "chief".  The AR on the front is scratched all to hell just like Legend mentioned above.  Is there some way I can go about removing the AR myself?

20220728_162506.jpg

OMG, did you put it in a tumble dryer?  Or wore it on the Paris to Dakar Rally?

• Haha 1

Hey, don't hurt its feelings.  HBB has seen a lot over 14 years.... mostly it's seen a lot of a junk drawer where my wife put it and I had no idea where it was until I stumbled upon it the other day.  I just found a youtube video on how to remove the AR.  Metal polish and a dremel is what the guy used.  Looked pretty simple.  I'm assuming somehow the junk drawer didn't magically sneak in and scratch the back of the crystal too.

LMAO re: Paris to Dakar

Edited by robr
  • Like 1

Polywatch is what I’ve used before but metal polish will do the trick. You don’t need a Dremel, just a bit of cloth and a few minutes rubbing! It should look 100% better than it does now. 

• Like 1