When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

was recently offered this for a couple of hundred $$ ?

horologist

I forgot to mention that it also comes with the stainless steel bracelet which was removed because the owner did not know that the glide part has a a spring bar to allow access for removing the back. 

There is a lot of lint on the crystal and everywhere from the dust of the tissue paper but otherwise in great condition

The mvt seems clean and runs very smoothly. The only turn off for me is the size of case with  ceramic bezel insert which measures just a tad under 39mm without crown, made worse that the dial would be impossible to replace as it measure 28.4mm.

The owner has no idea where her ex-boyfriend bought it from and it is also a mystery to me as I have never seen anything like this?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:44 AM, thegrail said:

Looks like it’s had a movement swap to me 

and for the better too by the looks of it. 

At least the case and dial show to be made for an eta movement and obviously whoever had it must have replaced it with a better quality one being From Rado!!! 

To be honest, I kind of like it as it appears to be more towards the 39mm than the typical 41mm sizes and if the lugs can be shaped down, it looks quite ok.!!!  I would buy it for a couple of hundred dollars . That's me -each to their own!!!!

1 hour ago, thegrail said:

Yeah by the look of it, pearl looks odd though yellow colour? 

It looks  better in the flesh. The pearl is slightly discoloured!   The room light did not do it much justice, however, at the very worst, the pearl can be changed if the new owner has anything better!

I am not sure if she still has it as it was put up for my consideration, but I do agree with Timelord that t s quite an eye catcher in real life  being far different than most of the replicas  passing  through my hands.  It is not as bulky in size and it closely resembles the sizes of the older submariners which is what I like!

I passed on it because I am slowly winding down and got rid of just about everything since our currency exchange rate has plummeted and worse still since eta parts are rarer and dearer to purchase!  However the question remains as who the dealer was as I have never seen anything like this from those recommended on this forum!:bangin:

Edited by horologist