When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what are my options with repairing this?

Timelord

Hello fellow members,

I have hit a dead end with this issue where I am unable to have the keyless works amended to hold the stem in place into this movement ( Asian movement)

I was considering 2 options where:

(1)  I would replace this movement with something else that is slightly better (BTW it works well and tells good time within acceptable accuracy)

or

(2) having the keyless works modified as to get the stem to hold in without popping out.

The stem goes in and can be used to wind the movement perfectly, but will not stay in or allow me to set the time.

The other problem is that there are no identification numbers or symbols which would tell me what the movement is regardless of what options above I would choose  I have no idea as to what it is?>?

If I recall correctly these movements were quite known for this to happen but never really knew what the solution was. 

I am all ears or in this case all eyes for any information or advice with how to resolve this problem.  It is a good watch which has always attracted attention from those that have a liking for watches that often ask about it.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated!!! Many thanks!!!!

speedmaster-rep-mvt.JPG

speedmaster-replica-crown.JPG

speedmaster-rep-back.JPG

speedmaster-rep-silix.JPG

3 hours ago, calvin951121 said:

St19, shouldn’t have keyless problem which I fix more than 10 rep Rolex 6263 PN. Push in and screw in if you can.
Let’s see if still pop out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your input!  I thought this was a push release stem!

It is the first mvt like this that I have come across!  By the way it just popped out!  I wasn't trying to release stem from movement or work on the movement.  It just popped out when resetting the time for daylight saving while wearing it!

It is indeed a Seagull ST19. It is a push release stem.

My experience with them is good, I find them reliable and accurate. As it doesn't have a date complication it is fairly straight forward to access the keyless works and find out what's going on to prevent the stem from engaging. Give it a go.

4 hours ago, ceejay said:

It is indeed a Seagull ST19. It is a push release stem.

My experience with them is good, I find them reliable and accurate. As it doesn't have a date complication it is fairly straight forward to access the keyless works and find out what's going on to prevent the stem from engaging. Give it a go.

Thanks Ceejay!  

I totally agree with the reliability and accuracy!  Mine runs flawlessly and I am even able to wind he mainspring. However the problem is most likely with the quality of material used or perhaps even a quality control issue!  Maybe even the luck of the draw!!

I followed your advice and yes access to the keyless works is straight forward!  Unfortunately,  the stem still falls out  regardless of repositioning the keyless works.  I strongly believe there is something faulty with the setting lever mechanism that does not hold the indent of the stem?  I may be wrong!  The stem just fell out unexpectedly when I was setting the time and still does not hold!