When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Straps

tompa_k

Hi guys!

Need some help here. Im thinking to buy a new strap for my noob safari. Is a gen strap going to fit for my safari or i must do some mods to it? Same with my gray theme JF? Does gen fit or need some mods? I have heard noob and gen strap wil fit but i have not trie for my self so thats why Im asking for expert help :)

Im thinking to buy from this site or AP bands.

https://www.strapfreak.com/readystock

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Gen/OEM straps

• Like 1

Hi guys!
Need some help here. Im thinking to buy a new strap for my noob safari. Is a gen strap going to fit for my safari or i must do some mods to it? Same with my gray theme JF? Does gen fit or need some mods? I have heard noob and gen strap wil fit but i have not trie for my self so thats why Im asking for expert help default_smile.png
Im thinking to buy from this site or AP bands.
https://www.strapfreak.com/readystock

Gen/OEM straps

Personally I use one of the members here for my AP straps even on my gen, his quality is better than AP I [censored] you not.

Sent from me
  • Like 1

@SMP_lover is your guy personally I have only used his straps on gen and jf but I am sure he will let you know.

Sent from me

Okey! I will ask him. Thx Champsy

Ahh i forgot to ask one more thing. What tool do i need to change strap/bracelet? I dont realy get it... do i need 2screwdrivers?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a gen AP hornback on my JF diver and it fits perfectly, however I have read that some others experienced a gap. SMP does make truly beautiful straps - his gator feels even more supple and luxurious than gen.

Yes - you will need two tiny screwdrivers and a pair of pliers to pull the caps - be very careful not to loose the caps!

• Like 1

I have a gen AP hornback on my JF diver and it fits perfectly, however I have read that some others experienced a gap. SMP does make truly beautiful straps - his gator feels even more supple and luxurious than gen.

Yes - you will need two tiny screwdrivers and a pair of pliers to pull the caps - be very careful not to loose the caps!

Thx for the tips and help my friends

• 2 weeks later...

Different tiers of price will give you different results

From the cheapest upward:

Ziczacleather
Donerix
Gunny
Smplover
Gen

If you want the best go for smplover cos he can make it exactly like you want it with the color, lenght, stitching you want. His straps are works of art

But then you might be someone like me with few AP and a perversion for changing strap and at that point you will appreciate cheaper options to break the monotony

If you want to “recreate” the gen feeling then buy the gen obviously

Imho, DO NOT BUY APBANDS

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WoundUp said:

I love Vic's straps but you can't ignore the gen's metal inserts.... Gen is gen for a reason.

Agree, but for the hobby, and most of the models, I will definitely recommend @SMP_lover over gen, given the overall fitment, price and of course quality.

The gen straps are nice, but prone to tearing around the edges at the lug end. I had replaced 2 sets of gen straps (mounted on my gens) with SMP_lover's ones. 

His straps are good enough for gen APs. So I do not see a problem fitting them on anything else you can find in the hobby. ;) 

Smp will be my next for sure. Realy like his work. But never seen one in real life do. But everyone says hes the best. I took domerix because hes littel bit cheaper than smp. And i like to swap strap offen as well so i think for me its good enough, but i will for sure buy a smp strap some day

7 hours ago, Legend said:

Agree, but for the hobby, and most of the models, I will definitely recommend @SMP_lover over gen, given the overall fitment, price and of course quality.

The gen straps are nice, but prone to tearing around the edges at the lug end. I had replaced 2 sets of gen straps (mounted on my gens) with SMP_lover's ones. 

His straps are good enough for gen APs. So I do not see a problem fitting them on anything else you can find in the hobby. ;) 

Yes - I've seen many gen straps for sale with 'issues' around the lug ends and screw holes. It makes me very cautious when swapping straps!

No doubt that Vic creates superb alligator straps - I have one here waiting for my 44mm panda once ready 😉

• Like 1

Good news for you he’s EU based.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! That sounds Good. I have bought straps from donerix but he is us based and then i have to pay tax and inport so the straps is expensive. But if you buy from EU you dont need to pay tax. Thats why i ask. And the shiping time is mutch faster in EU offcourse

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...