When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6263 build, recommendations

edgematic1

14 hours ago, danielv2000 said:

Have not looked at Franken Daytona’s in a long while. 

Given the increase in the 62XX in general, what does a gen dial go for these days?

Well, a lot... I was able to buy a 6263 T SWISS T dial 2y ago for 6k USD I think. I've inquired to a few guys I know and a service dial is going around 6k €, I've had 2 prices of 18.5k € and even 38k €... Offcourse for NOS dials. 

12 hours ago, d4v3 said:

If you catch Daytona-fever remember that you can always use also valjoux 23 to build frozen ones i am currently working on:

v72   6263 panda PN ( viet case, MQ dial, gen parts the rest)

V23  6239 "The PN" ( DW slim case, DW dial, rest viet)

V726 6263 Big Red  ( Tonny Dial, all viet)

I prefer cousins pushers cause i think the relation price quality its really good and gen are just insanely high thise days

Great projects! I was able to get a set of gen parts (T21, P302 pushers, crown, tube, all hands) at a great price so going with them. 
But to me the pushers of MQ and Phong look great vs gen and seem to a better alternative vs cousins. Although cousins is cheap offcourse. 

It all depends on how close you want to get your build I guess? I prefer the original look with P301 MKII pushers for my build and would consider the Phong/MQ ones. I do have gen P302's for now though. 

These are interesting builds, hehe. 

• 3 months later...

Quick update!

What I gathered so far:

1. Valjoux 72 movement, fully serviced. Might sell and buy a V726. 
2. Ruby 6263 case => ISSUES, read below
3. gen hands
4. gen crown & pushers
5. gen dome crystal
6. gen bracelet
7. Dark Lord dial => awaiting this

Issues: 

I have a 78350 19 bracelet with 571 endlinks, they just don't fit the Ruby case, one sits well between the lugs but how it touches the case is really bad, the other one doesn't fit well between the lugs (I really need to push it between the lugs), both have horrible fitting at the case. Anyone who has experience with using a Ruby case and gen 571 endlinks?

Thanks. 

• Like 1

What dial did you buy from dark lord? Big red, black, silver?

Quick update!

What I gathered so far:

1. Valjoux 72 movement, fully serviced. Might sell and buy a V726. 
2. Ruby 6263 case => ISSUES, read below
3. gen hands
4. gen crown & pushers
5. gen dome crystal
6. gen bracelet
7. Dark Lord dial => awaiting this

Issues: 

I have a 78350 19 bracelet with 571 endlinks, they just don't fit the Ruby case, one sits well between the lugs but how it touches the case is really bad, the other one doesn't fit well between the lugs (I really need to push it between the lugs), both have horrible fitting at the case. Anyone who has experience with using a Ruby case and gen 571 endlinks?

Thanks. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...

Hi, great info on the forum. i sign up some time ago and show some progress on new projects.

now i can show you how looks a v72 moded to 722  with bridges and mods by me. Already working on new project with better finish beveled levers, correct color wheels, etc.

Some pics and video. MORE PICS AND VIDEO HERE

m_WhatsApp%20Image%202019-09-09%20at%202

Regards!

Edited by chileantiques
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...