When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A new daily wearer! Full mod BK YM with prof black hole and Tomrep’s latest V2 bezel mod (very pic heavy!)

ilovethiscity

Good afternoon to you all around a globe,

In a nutshell I wanted a really nice YM that I could wear daily without having to totally blow the budget. I think this is a cracking ‘economy’ non franken build for what you get. 

Base watch is a full mod BK Noob YM so genuine Swiss ETA 2836 with a monster power reserve, runs to perfection, Rehaut aligned, sealed and tested for WR, plus all his other usual additions etc etc. 

I then went for the prof black hole crystal (this is my first one and I have to say having had at least 5-6 gen crystal watches in my time it is indeed very close and certainly leaps ahead of the standard factory ones) it has the ‘shine’ gen crystals give off and of course the infamous black hole we all speak of. Nice work prof! 

Lastly I went for the Tomrep bezel mod. I’ve said this before but this is far and away the best ‘must have’ mod for a YM. I’m sure everybody knows but for anyone knew that may be reading. The gen YM insert is totally matte and textured so it looks like a completely separate material to the rest of the watch. Standard rep YM’s have a plain and smooth silver exactly the same as the rest of the watch which makes it instantly incorrect from every angle. He has taken it to another level now with his latest V2 mod and I can not recommend it highly enough. 

I’m kind of yearning for another superfranken YM at some point but for now I think I’ve ended up with a really solid little piece here. I do hope you enjoy the pictures I’ve taken for you and as always you guys are the best judges! 

4eFd8.jpg
4egzU.jpg
4eYn3.jpg
4e75b.jpg
4eqf2.jpg
4eOzd.jpg
4etjZ.jpg
4ea0R.jpg
4er5g.jpg
4eBfa.jpg
4kZby.jpg
4k6jG.jpg
4kW0q.jpg
4kzA6.jpg
4kyl0.jpg
4kJbF.jpg
4kCjr.jpg
4kRMI.jpg
4k0Ao.jpg
4kklL.jpg
4k2vK.jpg
4kGqe.jpg
4kwMT.jpg
4klAA.jpg
4kg8Q.jpg
4kSvf.jpg
4kYqX.jpg
4kdep.jpg
4kqBs.jpg
4kO8h.jpg
4k3yD.jpg

p.s I managed to find two pics of the GEN in the sunlight similar to some of mine ;)

4kaHU.jpg
4k5e8.jpg