When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor 9411/0

hanski

I present for your viewing pleasure a 1981 Genstein Franken Tudor 9411/0. The project started out with the purchase of a genuine Tudor 2784 movement and went from there. 

- Gen Tudor 2784 movement, fully disassembled, cleaned, oiled, and rebuilt. Required new automatic works bridge, balance wheel, keyless works, and stem. Unfortunately I have not sourced a glucydur balance wheel so it’s nickel for now

- Gen 704 Rolex crown and tube

- MQ mid case and case back. Fully reshaped & tapered lugs and lightly repshaped CG’s. Chamfers recut and case repolished. Tube retapped and countersunk to accept gen tube 

- Phong bezel assembly and insert. Lightly aged and repolished

- Phong dial relumed

- TC hand set, aged in Pacific Ocean water and organic apple cider vinegar, relumed to match dial

- Verlux 25-125 crystal

- Erika’s Original MN strap

- And the odds and ends, gaskets lubed, new dial seat, new case clamps, new movement ring, pressure fit all parts, etc

4AoBL.jpg

4AGeo.jpg

4AlNK.jpg

4Agye.jpg

4AFHT.jpg

4AYeA.jpg

4AdDQ.jpg

4AqNf.jpg

4AOyX.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jackflash said:

Excellent! Now what’s your next build emoji3.png

My Tudor 2562 is in good working order, albeit waiting on a stem. I think I will wait on the blue dials to be available with Phong again in April(ish) to do that blue dial build I want. It’ll be a 7021/0 but that’s cool. 

The Tudor 2561 needs some work - missing some of the keyless works and some various screws. I will be working to get that running to eventually tackle a 7016/0. 

• Like 1