When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty Time Sub

Caci

A good friend of mine has a Trusty Time sub model ROLSUB0017

Replica of 16610 Submariner

It was about $550 with all the add-on charges.

Well, he decided to weld while wearing it and splattered the sapphire crystal & case/bracelet.

Also, the paint on the pip fell out.

So,,,,he decided that a ceramic bezel insert would be cool and I told him we could probably replace the crystal with a generic Rolex version.

After all, this is the “Ultimate” version, a “direct” copy of an original Rolex!

Well, the bezel insert is held in with double-sided tape and the bezel itself is retained by a multi-bent wire spring, with a spring/detent ratchet. A real POS system- nothing like the Rolex “snap on”, with hooked ratchet spring.

And, I have a fair amount of Rolex parts Genuine & generic, but no sapphire crystals to fit this watch.

We contacted Trusty Time and they want a small fortune for replacement parts, including $70 for a crystal, when I can buy a generic Rolex for $30.

BTW, the ceramic 40mm insert he bought on the bay is about 0.5mm too big for the bezel.

Anyone know someone who can fix us up with a replacement bezel & ceramic insert, as well as a sapphire crystal & seal?

It’s a fine-running Swiss ETA movement and I’d like for him to get happy.

Thanks,

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which ones are those?
There are no guarantees that any aftermarket part will fit your trusty sub. Only trial and error will tell. You’ve already discovered the bezel construction is not gen spec, so you should be suspect of any other “ultimate direct copy 1:1” bs.