When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

getting a rep submariner

GhassAN

hello everyone, i am new here and i have a simple issue.. i am trying to buy a rep submariner (116610 LV Green Dial) and from what i understood, the noob factory are kinda the best, i couldn't, however, find a website where i can buy it from and the prices vary from 200 to 600 $
i would be extremely grateful if someone managed to recommend a dealer or a website.
thank you in advance!

It seems you have found BK , good. I also noticed you asked him to contact you , well that's sort of not the way it works. Click on his name send a message (A PM)  to him in regard the watch you want .

He also has his email right under his section , you contact him is protocol.

• Like 1

BK will do a great job with cleaning up a rep for you - making it look "right" as many come with misaligned rehauts, and other nonsense.
In my humble opinion for a quality piece you'll want to spend between $600 to $800 if there's any modifications or tune-up involved. That said you can wait around and troll the forums for a good one to come up (used) for sale for $350 or so but it likely won't have BK's touch to it.

Many of the newer rep Sub's have a SH3135 movement, a complete clone of the 3135 and you can add in many fine genuine parts, like a balance, rotor, and bridges. You could also add genuine hands, datewheel and dial if you so chose. I think the insert, hands, and datewheel are the first thing I would do. 

Good luck :)

https://puretime.io/watch-brands/rolex/submariner/submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-arf-1-1-best-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-sh3135v2.html

Also, just a FYI - having owned a genuine Hulk sub for a couple years... they catch a lot of looks and scrutiny, and the rep's are about... 70% close to the genuine with regard to dial and bezel insert color. I would go with just Black/Black unless you must really have the Hulk.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mike on a bike said:

It seems you have found BK , good. I also noticed you asked him to contact you , well that's sort of not the way it works. Click on his name send a message (A PM)  to him in regard the watch you want .

He also has his email right under his section , you contact him is protocol.

thanks for the quick response man, i'll contact him properly :D 

6 hours ago, 508-Fanatic said:

BK will do a great job with cleaning up a rep for you - making it look "right" as many come with misaligned rehauts, and other nonsense.
In my humble opinion for a quality piece you'll want to spend between $600 to $800 if there's any modifications or tune-up involved. That said you can wait around and troll the forums for a good one to come up (used) for sale for $350 or so but it likely won't have BK's touch to it.

Many of the newer rep Sub's have a SH3135 movement, a complete clone of the 3135 and you can add in many fine genuine parts, like a balance, rotor, and bridges. You could also add genuine hands, datewheel and dial if you so chose. I think the insert, hands, and datewheel are the first thing I would do. 

Good luck :)

https://puretime.io/watch-brands/rolex/submariner/submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-arf-1-1-best-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-sh3135v2.html

Also, just a FYI - having owned a genuine Hulk sub for a couple years... they catch a lot of looks and scrutiny, and the rep's are about... 70% close to the genuine with regard to dial and bezel insert color. I would go with just Black/Black unless you must really have the Hulk.

first of all thanks a lot man for your response.

i know that there are two movements being used nowadays, the SH3135 and the ETA2836, and from what i read on the forum, many people recommend the ETA2836 over the SH3135 those it's older. Have you had any problems with the SH3135? (in case you own a rep using that movement)
actually i am a bit hesitant about getting the Hulk, i mean it looks just amazing imo but i haven't seen a clone to tell if it does look the same as gen or not,  i guess i'll go with balck/black as you suggested.
last thing, do u have a previous experience dealing with the website u provided? and how good was the piece?

sorry for spamming you with tons of questions

cheers!  

9 hours ago, GhassAN said:

thanks for the quick response man, i'll contact him properly :D 

first of all thanks a lot man for your response.

i know that there are two movements being used nowadays, the SH3135 and the ETA2836, and from what i read on the forum, many people recommend the ETA2836 over the SH3135 those it's older. Have you had any problems with the SH3135? (in case you own a rep using that movement)
actually i am a bit hesitant about getting the Hulk, i mean it looks just amazing imo but i haven't seen a clone to tell if it does look the same as gen or not,  i guess i'll go with balck/black as you suggested.
last thing, do u have a previous experience dealing with the website u provided? and how good was the piece?

sorry for spamming you with tons of questions

cheers!  

My pleasure and happy to help. I've ordered from them many times and their shipping is fast and quality is high. Make sure you get Quality Control photo's and review them prior to shipment. You can't send things back to China.  If you want the quickest response and also want to see if there's any updates or deals to be had, I would wait a couple weeks after CNY (Chinese New Year) ends. Technically it ended yesterday, but I would let everyone get back into the routine over the next couple weeks and see what gets posted.

I haven't had the SH3135 - I have had the Yuki 3135 with some gen parts added, and myself, my watchmaker, and machine testing couldn't find any difference. I've heard good things about the SH3135 and the nice aspect is that you can swap in Swiss ROLEX parts for anything in the movement that might be identified as "weak" over time. In reality there's only about 15 parts that really "make" the movement (in my opinion) on a Rolex that doesn't have a complication. They are tool watches, simple robust movements but very high quality. The parts are regularly available on eBay and you can get a complete 3135 breakdown (in fact I think I may have one, I'll attach it here)

The Hulk is gorgeous for sure, check out my profile for a good shot of my genuine one. I was a fool for selling it back then.

ETA 2836 is a great movement, a true workhorse. The problem is, anything in a "cheap" Chinese rep probably isn't genuine ETA, or if it is, it's dirty or has some swapped parts. It will need serviced and evaluated to ensure top spec timing and longevity. We have some great people on here that provide that type of work. 

I have found BK to be the go to  guy. He's extremely knowledgeable, easy to talk to talk to, and his reps are spectacular. I'm working with him now to get a rep from him. The only problem is I currently only want to purchase one rep, and he does such great work on all version, it's hard to decide which one I want to get from him.