When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6 year old BK Sub, with Gen parts, value?

Wactch101

Hello everyone,

I have just rejoined the forum, and wondering if you would be so kind as to give me an indication as to it's value of my BK Sub if I were to resell it to a friend (note that this is not a sale topic, I just wanted some idea as to if it still has any value) I have pre-messaged @Legend if this was OK to do, and he asked me to tag him in the topic. Thanks :) 

About 6 years ago I purchased this lovely sub from BK. Since then it has been knocked around a bit, ever so slight dent in the bracelet from a drop, bottom marker has slight mark on it that was caused when hands fell off from the drop (barely noticeable by eye). It was repaired and serviced. Watch keeps terrible time 😆

Specifications:

Genuine new Rolex crown 
Genuine bezel insert
Genuine crystal
TW sub
TC Bracelet, hollow links 

(Not sure if I should or shouldn't post the original purchase price, so I have excluded that for the moment)

(photos show username as watch010 as it was the new username I made yesterday until the moderators were so kind enough to merge my old account :) ) I will try to upload some better photos soon when I can do so in the day time with natural light, hopefully the ones below are OK for the moment.

Any ideas as to what it is currently worth? 

IMG_0585.thumb.jpg.ab0ae647662ffd94f1e59420c6e6ea71.jpg

IMG_0586.HEIC
IMG_0587.HEIC
IMG_0588.HEIC
IMG_0588.HEIC

IMG_0590.HEIC
IMG_0592.HEIC
IMG_0593.HEIC
IMG_0594.HEIC
IMG_0595.HEIC
IMG_8021.HEIC

IMG_0589.HEIC

Part of that would depend on which version of the BK Sub you have (there were three). The last version was IIRC about $575 for the base watch. The added parts would have brought you up to close to $1,000 all-in at the time.

Now the bad .... You have a TC bracelet you say has some damage (and from the one picture we can see doesn't fit particularly well), a damaged dial, and it either runs poorly or you've made a bad joke about that. You also have more competition for quality 16610's available new (JF), and any TC v6 or V7 that's out there will be better overall.

Given the condition you are stating your watch is in currently, you are probably in the $600-$700 range (assuming this is a v3 with the ETA 2824).

• Like 1

From the description, this is the TW best sub case that came after the WM9 v3. I don't recall which movement that watch had, but either a 2824 or 2836 can be serviced and repaired easily enough. BK had the dial and hands superlumed and with the gen parts, I'd consider this a $750-800 watch. 

I recently looked at a JF 16610 for a project. At a cost of a little over $400, it was appealing, but then when you looked at servicing the movement, a new date wheel and possibly new reversing wheels, you were easily up over $800 in total costs. 

• Like 1