When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Make a guess...

automatico

There is a very ratty 1960 rlx 'gilt' 1016 for sale on eBay and it is over $3000 USD on 2-16 with 48 bids and 9 days to go.  Anyone want to guess how much it goes for? 

My guess is $11255 USD.

eBay item number  333075830879

The guesstimate winner gets a bottle of Jack Daniels at their own expense.   :pimp:

• 2 weeks later...

"Guess the rubbed off model # and SN kept people away..."

I bet that is what killed it.  I went way too high on my guess.

Of all the rolexjunk I have owned, there is only one that looks as bad as this 1016...a 1601 tutone.  The 14kyg bezel is worn down so far that it no longer has any flutes left on it,  just shallow grooves and it has the same type of spotted case corrosion as the 1016 between the lugs.  If you look at the corrosion under a 20X microscope you can see that it is a collection of tiny holes in the metal. 

I can just barely make out the serial number...283xxxx.  Still have the case and faded blue dial, the movement went in Stilty's Yuki '1680' 10 or 12 years ago.

Had one other 1601 with this type of corrosion and it had a hole all the way through the top of the case under the bezel...got my $$ back on it.