When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Datewheel got stuck...

Lo'

Hello everibody, I'm starting yet another thread because as per post title the datewheel on my Franken 1500 got stuck. It won't work upon moving the crown on first position, neither will it budge when operating hands to reach 12.00 position. I have even tried forcing it to rotate by dragging it with a small tool but nothing will do. 

Since I have the manuality of a drunken monkey I will not attempt opening the watch and will instead confy it to someone which know his way around such things but, before that I think I'd better find a replacement datewheel in order to have a spare handy in case the need should arise. I have tried looking around but did not come up with anything useful. Does anyone know where I could find this specific part fitting this specific watch? I'm looking for something with open '6s' and '9s' which will reproduce the gen part as faithfully as possible. Any pointer? Would anyone by chance have this part in its 'bin' and be eager to let it go for a premium?

Thanks in advance

L. 

2019-02-21 16.18.37.jpg

That's a very nice watch by the way.  I had this problem too with a build I did a while back. The movement is too tight against the dial causing the date wheel to bind. You have to remove the hands, dail and add the small spacer ring. It also could be that the case screws are too tight. 

That's a very nice watch by the way.  I had this problem too with a build I did a while back. The movement is too tight against the dial causing the date wheel to bind. You have to remove the hands, dail and add the small spacer ring. It also could be that the case screws are too tight. 
Thanks Mead. Yeah the dial is short of amazing. Unfortunately I do not possess the skills to perform the operations you suggested therefore, the watch is shipping to a competent watchmaker this week. He hopefully will be able to address this issue and, eventually, source a new datewheel if necessary.

Inviato dal mio EML-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

12 hours ago, mead861 said:

That, or did you ever see the movie 'Groundhog Day'? :whistling:

That, or did you ever see the movie 'Groundhog Day'? :whistling:
No can do, I'd have one hour left between the 16th and 17th...

Do you know who the builder is? Maybe he can fix it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The builder resides in the US, while watchmaker is in EU, much closer to where I live.

16 hours ago, mymanmatt said:

I never recommend this, but have you tried rolling the time backwards. Sometimes it will reset. If everything is working on your watch, never roll time back more than a few minutes. Never at midnight

Thanks but nope, did not work. This definitely will have to be looked upon from the inside...