RWG
thegrail

7750 Swiss fault

Anybody know anyone that can fix date fault on Swiss 7750? Date not changing manually, and changes at wrong time? 

No I’m not just asking if anyone knows about it, it’s the breitling I’ve just bought from here supposed to be working faultless but it’s not £500 for a broken watch, I’m gutted.

also date quick change not working properly, the seller says ive caused the problem, but i know i havent, its just a shame as i thought he was more honest than that, my luck lately with watches.

3 hours ago, thegrail said:

Anybody know anyone that can fix date fault on Swiss 7750? Date not changing manually, and changes at wrong time? 

Just to be clear, I can see the hands need re-setting but is there another problem?

I think this is why I’ve had broken watch dumped on me, it looks really involved to fix, and not cheap, oh well you think you can trust someone, that’s now gone.

55 minutes ago, thegrail said:

I think this is why I’ve had broken watch dumped on me, it looks really involved to fix, and not cheap, oh well you think you can trust someone, that’s now gone.

While I don’t doubt that you have a watch that currently doesn’t function properly, saying you have had a broken watch dumped on you, indicates deliberate deception and if you have any evidence of that you should first approach the moderators

Personally I’d approach @SSTEEL unless you have another preferred watchsmith. I know Micky has worked on some of my A7750’s. 

Let us take a step back here grail, you know 7750's can get up set over a ride in the post banging around. I will personally vouch for the seller , not a dishonest bone in his body and you can contact legend or a bunch of diamond members who will all say the same.  (as well as kernow and Sogeha above) Sh*t happens mate and I surely understand your frustration not a cheap watch if you were in the states I'd have it looked at for a discount but shipping$ and risk not worth it. I know Domi did the pressure test and if anything at all was amiss it would have been addressed by Doc to Domi at that time. (and Domi is one of the best FYI) So again sh*t happens sorry it did I know it sucks but get it looked at, you never know could just be a loose screw gumming up the works or some other simple fix.

8 hours ago, thegrail said:

Yes in Uk can you fix this fault? And if so how much 

I can certainly reset your hands for you and take a look at why the quickset isn't working. Unless there's some sort of catastrophic damage preventing the date change then we can sort that too.

No charge and if the quickset repair requires parts, it will be at cost price. the majority of 7750 parts are relatively inexpensive. But let's cross that bridge when we come to it.

PM me.

Many thanks for above comments, I have several of this type of genuine movement, I know how to set the date on them, this was not working from the of, I’ve dealt with seller several times myself, without problem , but this has not just happened, the fault or a fault was already there, date was half turned when it came to me, hence why I tried to adjust it, and yes I moved hands first out of between 9 and 3, so I know I’m not at fault, I may take you up on your offer ceejay.

It’s an easy fix for the average watchsmith, maybe only need to disassemble and reassemble the plate under the dial and the few parts there, and if necessary replace them, they’re usually very cheap! Good luck

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I'm sure you don't have a Swiss movement in your rep.

I'd hope you'd not send it to SSTEEL..that'd make the pain worser.

4 hours ago, keeper said:

Is that from personal experience? SSTEEL has fixed several of my 7750 movements, both Asian and Swiss including this exact problem. 

8 hours ago, keeper said:

Yes I do have a Swiss movement in it, it’s a Franken.

8 hours ago, keeper said:

Does have a Swiss movement, I know the guy who put it in😜

It’s worth fixing for sure. 

On 3/3/2019 at 3:21 AM, keeper said:

On 3/3/2019 at 7:54 AM, kernow said:

Is that from personal experience? SSTEEL has fixed several of my 7750 movements, both Asian and Swiss including this exact problem. 

Your 1960's Lucern is now repaired, oh, it's also Swiss ;)

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Swiss movements in a 'franken'.

I'm sure there's a  good idea behind it...I can't see it...as plain as it is to you all.

On 3/3/2019 at 5:54 AM, kernow said:

Aye it is.

And advice...A franken is not  a [censored] case accomodating a Swiss movement.

Just a thought...

😎

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]