RWG
thegrail

7750 Swiss fault

11 hours ago, keeper said:

Swiss movements in a 'franken'.

I'm sure there's a  good idea behind it...I can't see it...as plain as it is to you all.

Aye it is.

And advice...A franken is not  a [censored] case accomodating a Swiss movement.

Just a thought...

😎

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you want to PM me any issues we can look at it. 

As to the Breitling, I always thought that these were considered to be super reps so I don’t know why you’re slating the case? 

13 hours ago, keeper said:

I'm sure there's a  good idea behind it...I can't see it...as plain as it is to you all.

Aye it is.

Just a thought...

😎

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I would agree that this is not in any way a franken, it was never claimed to be by the seller.

Personally I can see good reason to replace a clone movement with a genuine ETA in a watch one is fond of, YMMV. I can’t see any justification for your claim that you can’t fit a genuine ETA movement in place of the Chinese copy of it, in fact it is done frequently. I know and have worked with the modder who undertook this work and by categorically stating what he can’t do, you are more setting a challenge than establishing a fact.

At this stage I would advise you to resist posting any further in this thread, you have made your opinions known, without being particularly helpful to the OP

On 3/2/2019 at 9:45 PM, Mike on a bike said:

Thanks Ceejay :notworthy:, this is why RWG is such a great place.

+1 nice gesture Ceejay👍

keeper:

"I'm sure you don't have a Swiss movement in your rep.  I'd hope you'd not send it to SSTEEL..that'd make the pain worser."

"And another point...you can't put a Swiss movement in this case."

Sogeha;

"At this stage I would advise you to resist posting any further in this thread, you have made your opinions known, without being particularly helpful to the OP."

+1

My question is:

Is keeper a 'keeper'?   :prop:

On 3/6/2019 at 11:02 PM, keeper said:

Aye it is.

Just a thought...

😎

What the hell are you talking about? You make no sense at all.

Don't mind @thegrail ...we all know that most of the Breitling chrono sports a standard undecorated Valjoux 7750

Not clear what he's talking about...