When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Comment on 'genuine' rlx forums...

automatico

I look at genuine rlx forums every few days for two reasons:

1...To learn something.

2...To have a laugh.

My favorite forum is VRF aka VIRDBIF (Village Idiot Rolex Dial/Bezel Insert Forum)  They obsess 24/7 about dials and bez inserts while a rotted out case does not seem to bother them at all.

Here is what makes me laugh:

Someone will post a picture of a watch or dial and ask  "Is this dial Ok?"

The comments will be...

"It's Ok."

"Maybe it is a service dial."

"Looks like it's been touched up."

"It might be refinished or fake."

"It is an outright fake!"

"It is a horrible fake, anyone can tell that!"  (after it fooled them all for a week)

"It is garbage!"

"They oughta hang the guy who made it!"

Sometimes followed by:

"Wonder where came from?"

"eBay."

"No, it's better than that.,.but it is still atrocious."

"Yukiwatch maybe?"

"Nah, I doubt it."

"Looks like a Vietnam dial to me."

Maybe they want to know where it came from so they can buy one... 

There are a few guys on there who know what they are talking about and I respect them but it seems the newbies are getting goofier as time goes by.

I'll admit many (most?) of the better replica dials will fool me but it does not matter that much because I am not into paying $25k for $2000 watches in the first place.   :animal_rooster:

• Like 4

It’s the same with the People who have $15k cash for a watch that’s definitely fake. Yes fake- so garbage. Not even a good rep, just canal street junk.

And they seriously asking the fora if it’s gen!? WTF, check twice before paying 15k for a piece of [censored].

And the best, there are folks who say that it’s gen, lol.

My 2 cents

• Like 1

Yup  I go on there for the laughs as well.

My favorite is when someone buys a watch and then asks " what does everyone think?"

its too late now dude  you bought it and if it was a total franken junker  hes gone and you never gonna see him again..

ask BEFORE you buy   

The vintage rolex marketplace is a minefield and those that dont know will get fleeced! 

I found that being interested and building reps , you learn soo much more about the details of the watch and what to look for because we OBSESS over the details.  

I developed OCD because of this damn hobby lol 

• Like 3

LMAO. I’ve been on VRF for years. I don’t think I have ever posted and if I ever want to know about a watch I ask you guys not those asshats. We are just a bunch of no hopers with our fake watches, but I’ve seen some of the genuine watches some of you guys have stashed away and I also know the depth of knowledge here

1 minute ago, automatico said:

"franken junker"  (!!)

My feelings are hurt.  :cry:

Some of my best watches are franken junkers.  Ha!

"The vintage rolex marketplace is a minefield and those that don't know will get fleeced!"

=@  Fer sure. 

Yeah, but you are not dumb enough to have paid gen price for them🧐

• Like 2

I posted a picture of my gen 1665 over on VRF and got a reply "bad dial and hands". I don't go there much anymore, there's nothing to learn.

• Like 5

I posted a picture of my gen 1665 over on VRF and got a reply "bad dial and hands". I don't go there much anymore, there's nothing to learn.

Oh boy..agree the knowledge is much higher here so only worth the laughs over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The arguments on those boards are epic. Don't get me wrong, there's some amusing arguments on the rep forums too.. especially in the ones that aren't this one.. especially in the member trade area:clap:.. but something about the persnicketiness of their users combined with the extremely high values at stake leads to some hilarious all-out wars in Rolex land. I've noticed threads where a trivial disagreement leads to whole pages displaying "content removed for personal attack".

One of my favorites was the one about the 'teen watch dealer', where various old timers faced the affront that some rich kid was apparently dealing huge value vintage pieces on instagram, and proceeded to character assassinate him for selling a 6202 Turnograph that nobody could actually agree was "real" or not. 

20 hours ago, jimcon11 said:

One of my favorites was the one about the 'teen watch dealer', where various old timers faced the affront that some rich kid was apparently dealing huge value vintage pieces on instagram, and proceeded to character assassinate him for selling a 6202 Turnograph that nobody could actually agree was "real" or not. 

That thread was ridiculous, they murdered that kid. They just see people that are into reps as poor wannabees, guys on rep forums know a lot more of these collectors with deep pockets

Does anyone remember our own brush with infamy?  Remember....... "Jetmid"???

He was our very own rich kid with private jets and expensive watches and hubris out the wazzoo.... and we had a lot of fun at his expense.

jetmid_shirt.jpg

• Like 1

He was our very own rich kid with private jets and expensive watches and hubris out the wazzoo.... and we had a lot of fun at his expense.

jetmid_shirt.jpg&key=4bcc47ceab7996edb58fec0e1bf13da95227f06b499678e6acf327f897d9b6f9

Remember him?
I’m still here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

jetmid_shirt.jpg&key=4bcc47ceab7996edb58fec0e1bf13da95227f06b499678e6acf327f897d9b6f9

Wow. Jetmid- that's got to be 10 years ago. That was good for some laughs.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk