When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1680 Bezel Assembly

rag9fx

Hello all, 

It's been a little while since I've posted here - unfortunately my rep  (well actually all watch)  collecting has been put on the back burner for a number of years now as other priorities have taken precedence.  But it is always nice lurking and seeing what developments are happening in the rep world as well as all the amazing mod pieces that you all are doing. 

I have recently come across one of my old  and personally very treasured subs (Palp'd MBW 1680)  that was lost buried in storage for years.  It needs a little TLC  as the bezel and insert have gone walkies and I am desperate to get this back on my wrist regularly again! 

The issue is that my usual vendors for a decent bezel set either do not carry them anymore or no longer trade. (Sad times.) Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? 

Many many thanks! 

G

You know, there is one good way to guarantee a good bezel for your MBW.  

Send it to me, and I'll get started looking for the piece.  I'm sure I can find one and get the watch back to you by, oh, 2025 or thereabouts....  :whistling:

You know what is ironic - it is by no means the most accurate facsimile of a 1680 but because it was breathed on by Palp and even serviced by The Zigmeister at one point it has a little RWG history and love in it. To me it is priceless and has some pretty special 'provenance.'   Not letting it out of my sight for a while - that's for sure.