When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best 1665 dials

Champagnesky

Excuse me, may i ask what is MQ?

You’ll find MQ here. Located in Vietnam:
http://vintagewatchesmq.com/minhquy/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=911&category_id=146&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

He can be tricky to deal with. I wasn’t happy with his service or quality of the case I bought from him last time. I wouldn’t buy from him again.

"He can be tricky to deal with. I wasn’t happy with his service or quality of the case I bought from him last time. I wouldn’t buy from him again."

Sad but true.

Pang...

In my experience you are usually better off to buy parts from forum members, especially when starting out.  The problem now is the sales forum has slowed down quite a bit and you may have to wait to find what you want.  

I have had good luck in the past with Yuki and a few others but the key word is 'lucky'. 

Something else...any of them can completely disappear from one day to the next.

One thing you can always count on...the quality of the products can be inconsistent to say the least so if you get a good case or dial, hang on to it because the next one may not be as good. 

3 hours ago, automatico said:

"He can be tricky to deal with. I wasn’t happy with his service or quality of the case I bought from him last time. I wouldn’t buy from him again."

Sad but true.

Pang...

In my experience you are usually better off to buy parts from forum members, especially when starting out.  The problem now is the sales forum has slowed down quite a bit and you may have to wait to find what you want.  

I have had good luck in the past with Yuki and a few others but the key word is 'lucky'. 

Something else...any of them can completely disappear from one day to the next.

One thing you can always count on...the quality of the products can be inconsistent to say the least so if you get a good case or dial, hang on to it because the next one may not be as good. 

Thank you automatico!

I am the beginner.... May I ask where are the sales forum?? Because I really want to buy a high quality vintage watch!!

9 hours ago, jackflash said:

You’ll find MQ here. Located in Vietnam:
http://vintagewatchesmq.com/minhquy/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=911&category_id=146&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

He can be tricky to deal with. I wasn’t happy with his service or quality of the case I bought from him last time. I wouldn’t buy from him again.

Thank you for reminding  jackflash!

i will concorn it

Edited by Pang
Wrong reply

Yes, I can agree Ruby's great to deal with. Got the case for my 1665 build from her.

But she didn't have any GWSD dials in stock, and it'll take her 4 weeks to make me one.

She can't do hands.

I've sent this dial back to MQ for a replacement.

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to update.

This is the dial I finally selected. Had to go through a few dials before I chose this one. If ordering from MQ make sure you ask for clear high definition photos for QC.

White spots and etc are dust and lint on the dial.

ffe4e3e6d249b06abbbbc311c1560240.jpg&key=30903317662fe159066325678e0bab9a7afc4da7bbf2359031c200fadd87f04d

The photos on MQ's website are different from the dial he will send. I don't know why he hasn't updated his photos on the site. For example the GW rail dial photo on his website is the exact same photo on NDT's website. It's not a similar photo, it's the exact same photo down to the defects on the dial. The coronet is wrong, dial script font/color is wrong, spacing all wrong.

Now the QC pics and the actual dial he sent me are 95% close to gen. The open 6 GW rail dial version. I am amazed at how close it is to gen.

Here is a comparison photo, gen on top, this MQ dial below.

eb67730d48659b79628fee38a023ed6a.jpg&key=b848e51a8209e4a7d18b99975fb40f9d2215a8598947ea00179b5ceadb7b7e65

[mention=27923]thorne[/mention] the MQ base dial texture is matte like gen or with a uniform painting not perfectly matte but a little glossy? Almost like a plastic surface

Because i bought a tropical brown ruby 1665 and have this effect like a plastic painting ..

62fe012d74223890f085a27ff5a45b30.jpg

I know well how is a gen because I have a gen dial 1680..