When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BEWARE - YLF Big Pilot Le Petit Prince

MayDay

First, Hi all.  I’m a noob to the forum but not to reps.  Nice it be here.

I started using a vendor off the recommended list, who shall remain nameless at this point, and two out of the three watches were great and as expected.  One however, a YLF or YL factory Big Pilot Le Petit Prince, had two flaws that I didn’t notice immediately in the QC pics.  The first was the date wheel.  The numeral 1 instead of “I” is on the date wheel.  The ZF, as I’ve discovered is more accurate.  No QC pic showed a 1 in the date and I didn’t know to ask for it ahead of time.  I’m willing to let that go.  The second issue was with the case back.  The word “PRINCE” has the “I” missing from it.  SEE PIC.  This isn’t something I’m as willing to overlook.

Now, I went back and sure enough it’s visible in the QC pic.  I just didn’t see it right away.  And, in fairness, YLF sent it through and the vendor missed it as well.  In any case, I’m attempting to resolve the caseback issue now by having the vendor appeal to YLF to send me a corrected caseback.  The vendor and I have gone back and forth a bit on me returning the watch for repair or a refund.  Neither of which appeal to me as it requires me to spend more money to ship and sacrificing my original shipping costs.  Plus, I’ve had it for three weeks and worn it before noticing the misprint and the back is a bit scratched at this point.  The vendor said I’d have to send back in new unworn condition for the refund.

My hope is YLF will do the right thing and send out a good case back.  I’m hoping to give a possitive update by Friday and assurance that YLF will stand being it’s mistakes by correcting them.

I’ll provide updates as they come.

634757B3-D996-4E58-8A0D-B5DC9CA2B8AD.jpeg

Edited by MayDay

First of all...welcome aboard :)

Missing the I in PRINCE is truly something I couldn't live with too...but...as long as the issue was already visible at the QC pics there's not much to do. Taking the watch back for a refund is already a great offer. I mean...it's not Amazon. TDs usually offer repair or refund when there's something with the movement or issues that happened during shipping (like indices getting loose or so). But mostly not with an issue that was visible on the QC pics...it's our job to check the QC pics...once confirmed it's confirmed.

I'd try to buy a caseback (had great experience with Ryan at intime for getting just parts) and swap it out on my own expense. This is something we have to live with in the rep world...take it as a lessons learned :)

That is the last resort I suppose, getting another case back at my expense.  I’m at a point now that this is really a cautionary tale for YLF buyers.  If the obvious is wrong, what else could be wrong that you can’t see... such as the date wheel issue which I think was purposely hidden and not mentioned anywhere else that I could find.