When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newb in the rep scene

Hi all. 

It was not long ago that I would have looked down on reps. After handling one I was in awe. I currently own a crap rep I was intending to mod. I have a few more reps incoming but nothing that I am sure is a knock out in any means. 

I am here because a fellow watch enthusiast  mentioned this site and I am gearing up to make a bigger rep purchase.

Thanks for having me. I look forward to chatting it up with you wonderful people.

On 3/13/2019 at 7:18 PM, Nanuq said:

You do realize of course, that all new members are expected to cough up a nice single malt for the Mods/Admin staff liquor cabinet?

Hmmm I guess my reputation precedes me. i have been known to enjoy a dram or two. 

I usually have a cheaper blend for everyday use, that's right. EVERYDAY USE!!  My Singles are more for those times when a good balled up cry in the shower just won't do.

• Like 1

I think MOAB prefers Laphroaig, just don't tell the other Mods it's in the cabinet... someone nicked the key and the levels are all dropping precipitously.

:cc_detective:

On 3/14/2019 at 8:21 PM, Nanuq said:

I think MOAB prefers Laphroaig, just don't tell the other Mods it's in the cabinet... someone nicked the key and the levels are all dropping precipitously.

:cc_detective:

I love Laphroaig!!  I usually buy a cheap blend for "Everyday use." The cheaper blend is in fact a blend that includes Laphroaig at a fraction of the price, A Laphroaig rep if you will LOL. It is called Islay mist 8yr. I mean you can't go wrong with 8 year, Why wait for it to reach 12 or 18....

And hey! who doesn't like em young....A step to far maybe?