When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The New Superocean Collection

hazey

I've been waiting for GF to release their V2 of the Superocean II 44 (Andrew from Trusty told me its due soon and will be better than noob) But now it seems Breitling have released a new version of the superocean will a more classic simpler dial. 

https://www.breitling.com/au-en/watches/superocean/?search[ref]=&search[sorting]=newest

What do you think of it?

NEW SUPEROCEAN AUTOMATIC 44

a17367d71b1a1-1.pnga17367d81c1a1-1.png

Looks like the case is the same so rep factories would just need to do the bezel, dial and hands. Any idea how long it takes them or when we could expect to see them?

I'm undecided untill I start seing some real pics or videos. Strangely there is something special about the busier dial of the Superocean II but I do also like the simpler classic look of this new one

SUPEROCEAN II 44

196_1.png

OLD SUPEROCEAN AUTOMATIC 44

breitling-superocean-44-black-dial-stain

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Rolexman said:

Breitling is lost.... the Genuines are a waste of money as they depreciate faster than the Zimbabwe dollar

I'm holding my breath and crossing my fingers.  The minute a good 809 AOPA rep comes out, it's MINE.

809aopa.jpg

I have a genuine SuperOcean that I got for a very, very good price. It's got an ETA movement in it, which kind of sucks but hey, I really like the design. It's not an overt Sub clone and kind of unique.... sits on a gorgeous really deluxe green leather strap. Also have the rubber and milanese mesh. I believe it's the 42mm or 40mm? I didn't go with the huge one.  

58384408_774893566227169_7752999453472063488_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=7c42c9f3d511089b7c598f9b1a98a66f&oe=5D6E4710

• Like 1

On 4/23/2019 at 6:47 PM, Nanuq said:

I'm holding my breath and crossing my fingers.  The minute a good 809 AOPA rep comes out, it's MINE.

Yeah the old designs rule... after the weird Chronomat B01 came out Breitling has lost it’s way IMHO

• Like 1