When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for a 5513 caseback

milsubman

Measure the inside diameter of the threads in the case where the back screws in... I have a MilSub caseback I don't need that might fit. It doesn't fit my MBW.

"Measure the inside diameter of the threads in the case where the back screws in..."

The oem spec on the case back threads is 30.9mm and for 55xx and 1680 the gasket should be mounted in the case back.  SD is mounted in the case. 

I have seen some replica cases made for 15xx movements with gaskets in the case back but with 30.4mm case back threads...a few DW cases for instance. 

Seems that Yuki has dropped the 55xx cases and backs.

"I have a MilSub caseback I don't need that might fit. It doesn't fit my MBW."

My MBW/MBK cases will accept 30.9mm case backs.  I put a 30.9mm thread size DW case back on one because the DW case back was stamped/engraved and the MBK was lightly laser etched (appeared to be).

Yuki case back threads are also 30.9mm...just now measured one.

I have a 5513 project with no caseback. Yuki has been out of stock of 5513 and 1680 backs for a while. eBay has been a bust. Can someone point me to where I can get a decent caseback? 

I may have a spare one but you can also get one from helena rou

1 hour ago, automatico said:

"Measure the inside diameter of the threads in the case where the back screws in..."

The oem spec on the case back threads is 30.9mm and for 55xx and 1680 the gasket should be mounted in the case back.  SD is mounted in the case. 

I have seen some replica cases made for 15xx movements with gaskets in the case back but with 30.4mm case back threads...a few DW cases for instance. 

Seems that Yuki has dropped the 55xx cases and backs.

"I have a MilSub caseback I don't need that might fit. It doesn't fit my MBW."

My MBW/MBK cases will accept 30.9mm case backs.  I put a 30.9mm thread size DW case back on one because the DW case back was stamped/engraved and the MBK was lightly laser etched (appeared to be).

Yuki case back threads are also 30.9mm...just now measured one.

Wow. Great info. Do you know if a Tudor sub caseback will fit a 5513 case? I’ve seen some of those here and there. 

Edited by milsubman

"Do you know if a Tudor sub caseback will fit a 5513 case? I’ve seen some of those here and there."

I do not know for sure but the older tudor subs looked like rolex cases of the same era. 

Had a genuine toot no date sub a few years ago with rolex signed folded oyster bracelet but I gave it away.

...gave it away!  (3-17-01)

• Like 1

I can confirm Helenarou has casebacks right now.  I just got one shipped to be for around 50 bucks.   I'm hoping that fixes my 5513 cartel case threading problem.

After 50 plus years of rolex using those 30.9mm diameter threads... did watch makers not develop a threadchasing tool to clean up and realign the threads?

On 3/24/2019 at 12:53 PM, automatico said:

"Do you know if a Tudor sub caseback will fit a 5513 case? I’ve seen some of those here and there."

I do not know for sure but the older tudor subs looked like rolex cases of the same era. 

Had a genuine toot no date sub a few years ago with rolex signed folded oyster bracelet but I gave it away.

...gave it away!  (3-17-01)

7928 Tudor Subs actually used the same exact 5513 Sub cases so yes, same 30.9mm threading.     The good old days when Subs only cast 200 bucks or maybe 1000 dollars in today's money.   

• 1 month later...

"Where can a guy find one of the backs with 30.5mm threads?"

I measured an older cartel case and the threads are 30.45 mm.  The gasket groove is cut in the case, not the case back like genuine though.

My DW cases with 30.4mm threads are made like genuine but being 30.4mm they might be too loose for 30.5mm threads in a case.

Misc BS:

Waaay back I bought a DW case without a case back and used a River Exp II case back (30.9mm thread) on it but had to cut a gasket groove in the case because the case back was too thin.

The submariner type case backs I got from Raffles Time were the same as the old cartel cases with 30.45 threads and gaskets in the case.

H-arou case backs might work in a 30.9mm thread case.  RickFlorida...let us know after you try it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, automatico said:

"Where can a guy find one of the backs with 30.5mm threads?"

I measured an older cartel case and the threads are 30.45 mm.  The gasket groove is cut in the case, not the case back like genuine though.

My DW cases with 30.4mm threads are made like genuine but being 30.4mm they might be too loose for 30.5mm threads in a case.

Misc BS:

Waaay back I bought a DW case without a case back and used a River Exp II case back (30.9mm thread) on it but had to cut a gasket groove in the case because the case back was too thin.

The submariner type case backs I got from Raffles Time were the same as the old cartel cases with 30.45 threads and gaskets in the case.

H-arou case backs might work in a 30.9mm thread case.  RickFlorida...let us know after you try it.

Yes, the Helenarou 5513 caseback seems to be just like genuine since it fits my MQ Vietnam 5513 replacement case perfectly.  So it is indeed 30.9mm.   

Edited by RickFlorida