When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Project 6263/6265

cattlecruiser

Hello everyone!

I have been studiously reading up on the previous work that the members here have achieved and discussed over here. I've ascertained many things, and I feel that I have at least enough info to start asking relevant questions.

I am currently looking to Ruby's stuff - she's got a 6265 case/pushers/back, bezel, and a 6263 dial, since I am most interested in the reverse-panda "big red" configuration dial.

I have read that yuki's case is better quality, and that there used to be (or still are?) phong cases but apparently they need some modification to fit to V72s (?) and DW cases are long gone.

On dials, ruby's dial seems the OK but I have read that apparently her dials are not the same as the actual item, and that MQ dials are even better. 

On hands - I'm not sure where to source these. Any ideas?

So would Ruby case assembly+V72+dial+hands = finished?

(Apparently V721 is a better movement with higher vph? But I'm not really interested in that)

Thank you for any help!

I can't say if a Yuki case is better than a Ruby case. My theory is that you just need to buy your parts and then have a watchmaker put your watch together. You're building a replica, so it's important not to obsess.

You can check Phong and Jensen for a set of hands. Or look at what yuki has- http://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/6960394/7159505.htm

When you say reverse panda, I'm assuming you mean a black dial with white/silver subdials- the two that Ruby has look fine to me. MQ is probably more expensive and I've never been keen on buying directly from Vietnam, but I've never heard anything negative about MQ.

I'm thinking that a 721 movement is still a 18K beat movement- I pretty sure the Rolex 722 was also 18K. The 726, 727 and 730 were the late Valjouxs at 21,6K. But finding a 726 is expensive these days. 

Here's a 6239 I put together a few years ago- DW case, Vintagewatchmaker.com (Jensen) dial and a V72 out of a Wittnauer

bbGNQE.jpg

• Like 2